NHL 2023-2024 Season - Arizona Stays Homeless

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
The mantra is true. Offense will get you a lot of things, but defense wins championships. The Panthers are playing a system not super dissimilar to what the Wings played when they won their Cups in the 90's. And Tkachuk and Barkov are absolutely built for playoff hockey.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
The fact that they even got here with bum ass skinner is wild
He's made some mistakes but his team is really letting him down and not winning puck battles. Just getting beat in their own zone on effort and leaving him out to dry.

• 1Like

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
This is no surprise to any Wings fan. Holland loves his long term overpays.
I don't even know how Holland thought it was a great move to sign Nurse to his current contract? Was it out of desperation to sign any right shot D so they won't leave the shit town that is Edmonton?

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Imagine your guy that makes 9.25 AAV is -16 in the playoffs and you're stuck with him until 2030. Who the fuck saw players like Nurse and Seth Jones and gave them those contracts. Fucking garbage tier GM'ing

I hope this shit tier team gets swept. They deserve nothing less.
Seth Jones was Stan Bowman trying to save his job.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The Panthers are such a well built team, made for playoff hockey. Add to that Bobrowsky playing his best hockey and you have a team that is extremely tough to play against.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good for Florida I want them to win the series. Hilarious how Corey Perry is going to lose another cup. Cant wait to see McDavid cry again.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I despise how the Oilers have been built overall. They lucked out with their current shitty team build by getting McJesus and Draisaitl after years of squandering their #1 picks . I actually feel sorry for those two having a crap team surround them (except for Bouchard and Ekholm).

A team like the Oilers should rightfully be exposed by a well-built team like the Panthers.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just complete breakdown on Oilers all around. No grit, no determination, no sense of urgency to win puck battles. They literally let themselves get beat to the puck then don't even have the will to fight the forecheck by taking away sticks, or slamming bodies. Just 70 iq plays all around. Soft ass team sucks they got to the SCF instead of Dallas.

• 1Like

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Just complete breakdown on Oilers all around. No grit, no determination, no sense of urgency to win puck battles. They literally let themselves get beat to the puck then don't even have the will to fight the forecheck by taking away sticks, or slamming bodies. Just 70 iq plays all around. Soft ass team sucks they got to the SCF instead of Dallas.
To be honest, I feel Canucks played Oilers better than the Stars.

I think the overall effective strategy against the Oilers is to forecheck hard (exploit Nurse and the rest of their bottom 4) and take away any time and space their fowards have.

Panthers are deeper than the Canucks and are playing a similar style against the Oilers.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
All the teams from the Atlantic:

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Oilers over-relied on their powerplay during the season and these playoffs to hide some of their shortcomings. Panthers shutting their powerplays just highlight all the facets of the game where Oilers are not good at.

If Oilers were scoring on their powerplay at their regular pace. They'd have 3-4 goals more in this series and we would have a totally different series.