NHL 2023-2024 Season - Arizona Stays Homeless

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
That's the price you pay to get rid of this.

PLD.jpg

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
GM should be fired on the spot. Near league minimum Quick must be enjoying this.

Wow. I think it's great we unloaded Keumper's contract. PLD for that much longer at $8.5M could be dicey or it could payoff for us.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rob Blake should of definitely been fired after that mess.

If the Capitals can get the good version of PLD this is a huge win for them.

Merrith

Rob Blake should of definitely been fired after that mess.

If the Capitals can get the good version of PLD this is a huge win for them.

Big if. But realistically we had to take a shot at upgrading the offense, and center. He's still only 25, so the deal can still look good for a few years. We'll have Oshie and Kuznetsov's dead cap hit off the books after this coming season anyways, not to mention Ovechkin/Carlson and more after 2 more years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

So apparently since he was traded before any of the NMC kicked in, it goes away entirely? Small help for us, b/c obviously if he fails here, it's unlikely as hell any other team will take another shot on him, and even if they did it would require a lot of salary retention.

Merrith

No he still has it. It starts July 1.

Random claim from random Caps site:

"11.8
Individually Negotiated Limitations on Player Movement.
(a)
The SPC of any Player who is a Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agent under Article 10.1(a) may contain a no-Trade or a no-move clause. SPCs containing a no-Trade or a no-move clause may be entered into prior to the time that the Player is a Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agent so long as the SPC containing the no-Trade or no-move clause extends through and does not become effective until the time that the Player qualifies for Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agency. If the Player is Traded or claimed on Waivers prior to the no-Trade or no-move clause taking effect, the clause does not bind the acquiring Club. An acquiring Club may agree to continue to be bound by the no-Trade or no-move clause, which agreement shall be evidenced in writing to the Player, Central Registry and the NHLPA, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof."

I don't have the slightest idea if this applies, but some people are claiming it does.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
PLD needs to rehab his reputation. I view him as an arrogant, self-entitled player who whined/leveraged his way to where he wants to go and then shitting the bed with lackluster play once he got paid.

I hope he is forced to muck his way through Washington for the next 7 years.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider

Wow the Sharks really did the Rangers a solid here.

Sharks needed to hit the cap floor and Goodrow is a great locker room guy. I think a lot of people misunderstood his actual role as a grinder. I think with all the young people SJ has coming up he could be a net positive, considering they won't be contending for a long time still.

• 1Like

Animosity

Sharks needed to hit the cap floor and Goodrow is a great locker room guy. I think a lot of people misunderstood his actual role as a grinder. I think with all the young people SJ has coming up he could be a net positive, considering they won't be contending for a long time still.
Everyone understands his role. Hes just making 2-3 times as much as he should. The fact that he had SJ on his no trade list is pretty funny.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Everyone understands his role. Hes just making 2-3 times as much as he should. The fact that he had SJ on his no trade list is pretty funny.

I read that is actually why they picked him up from waivers to bypass his no trade list. Apparently there will be a trade between Sharks and Rangers and it will have compensation for the Shark taking him of the Rangers hand.

Merrith

I read that is actually why they picked him up from waivers to bypass his no trade list. Apparently there will be a trade between Sharks and Rangers and it will have compensation for the Shark taking him of the Rangers hand.

That sounds somewhat sketchy if it's out in the open like that to avoid a NMC...no?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
That sounds somewhat sketchy if it's out in the open like that to avoid a NMC...no?

Yeah, it is. I'm sure Goodrow isn't happy to end up on a team on his no move list. I'm sure it'll come up in the next CBA discussions that players put on waivers cannot be picked up by team on their NMC list.

I'm sure it's a case of verbal future consideration type thing where Rangers for example will add a 2nd round pick to any trade deal between the 2 teams.

Animosity

Yeah, it is. I'm sure Goodrow isn't happy to end up on a team on his no move list. I'm sure it'll come up in the next CBA discussions that players put on waivers cannot be picked up by team on their NMC list.

I'm sure it's a case of verbal future consideration type thing where Rangers for example will add a 2nd round pick to any trade deal between the 2 teams.
No it will not. Thats why there are 2 different clauses. No Move and No Trade. No Move means they cant waive you or trade you. Goodrow only had a No Trade, so he can still be waived and claimed or sent to the AHL.

• 1Like

Merrith

No it will not. Thats why there are 2 different clauses. No Move and No Trade. No Move means they cant waive you or trade you. Goodrow only had a No Trade, so he can still be waived and claimed or sent to the AHL.

I'm thinking more about the idea of a quietly obvious extra compensation added to some trade where it came out it was the "price" to be able to get the player waived so they could claim him. Extremely unlikely anything ever actually came to light with evidence, but would be a situation, I'd think.

Animosity

I'm thinking more about the idea of a quietly obvious extra compensation added to some trade where it came out it was the "price" to be able to get the player waived so they could claim him. Extremely unlikely anything ever actually came to light with evidence, but would be a situation, I'd think.
Those situations do happen. The Flyers did one last summer with the Hurricanes. Nothing really sketchy about it at all.