NHL 2023-2024 Season - Arizona Stays Homeless

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Oilers over-relied on their powerplay during the season and these playoffs to hide some of their shortcomings. Panthers shutting their powerplays just highlight all the facets of the game where Oilers are not good at.

If Oilers were scoring on their powerplay at their regular pace. They'd have 3-4 goals more in this series and we would have a totally different series.
To be fair, the Oilers PK during the playoffs has been really good (93% efficiency)

Their PP is still operating at 31% - that's still crazy good.

Granted, as the Canucks and Panthers have learned - you just gotta jump all over the puck carrier and don't let PP1 have any time at all to setup.

Last edited:

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone know how to get stats on specific series? I remember Florida completely shutting down our PP as well but I'm trying to remember if it was as bad as they're doing to Edmonton.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

RDT_20240614_1630262280507673486639285.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>

View attachment 532844
At least Oilers reached the Finals - not the 1 time trip to the second round.. hey the Canucks did that too for the first time in 10+ years!

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shania Twain performing "Man I feel like a woman" as the Oilers are about to get swept is almost too on the nose to not think somebody is fucking with us.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Oilers shooting their load in one game. If any team can reset and come back with a vengeance it’s the Panthers.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
That's the Oilers I expected to see this series. Gonna be near impossible to pull that off for 4 games though, Florida is just too built for this, and they have the coaching advantage IMO.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
when was the last time a team came back from being 3 down in a final? Must be 50 or 60 years ago. I think there was like 1 team which came back from that in a playoff series in the 90's but that was not in the final

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Saw the Miami Heat do this in both of their Finals last year and in 2020. They played out of their minds to win one more game against the Lakers / Nuggets, and were absolutely gassed and eliminated the games after that. Edmonton found another level facing elimination in their arena, but it's simply not sustainable for 3 more games.

Needless

Toe Sucker
all faith is officially gone out of the panthers lmao i cant believe these shitters are gonna win the cup

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Oil getting the puck luck now. Shortie barely beat Bob, knee shot shitter goal, don't think McDavid was aiming for that skate but who knows its McDavid

Cats need to feel the heat a little for their best hockey to come out. They lift it in Canada.

• 1Like