No Man's Sky

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I blow up a lot of copper asteroids.

Damn, thanks. I found copper on one planet. Loaded up. Sold it on the AH and went on my way. Then when I needed some none of the 9 planets I went to had any. I didn't even think to look in space because all the Asteroids were like 90% Thamium. Then I realized the bigger ones had the other elements. Thanks.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Goddammit guys.

This might be my favorite game ever until the new Deus Ex comes out in a week and a half.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Spent a lot of time on this planet today, looked pretty awesome in motion

t2esxHZ.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
You can find the occasional crashed ship on planets that you can take. Just keep hitting those orange beacons and choose "transmission signal" and you get breadcrumbs.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Game is kind of the half okay/half blah do the same shit over and over with different colors I feared it would be. Also has a major case of Inventory: The Game. Just paid 1.3 million for a new ship, plz plz let that help.

Did get fucked up by an ATST drone one time...suppose that's something...

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This was funny yesterday watching lirik's stream. It's worth the buildup. Sort of spoilers so beware.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Found a space station paying +105℅ for bypass chips. Made 500k easy, bought next 150k suit upgrade, gotta have dat inventory space. Need to stock up on aluminum and nickel so I can make my tau warp drive and travel further. Currently on path to 3rd Atlas and have two gold trophies.

Just read that max inv is 48 slots

Last edited:

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Does it not seem odd to anyone that, while you are supposedly discovering new planets, space stations, robot cops and other signs of space stations everywhere?

I was pretty interested in the game until some details started becoming clear. After watching some streams, I'd pick it up at $25-30 and pay more for DLC if it delivered but no way I'd lay down $60 for it.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Does it not seem odd to anyone that, while you are supposedly discovering new planets, space stations, robot cops and other signs of space stations everywhere?

The storyline does explain this.

Basically the Sentinals like....oppose other races developing from what I can tell, basically.

The Kyren (Sp?) were the first race to rebel against them according to a pillar I read last night.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd pick it up at $25-30 and pay more for DLC if it delivered but no way I'd lay down $60 for it.
I could not stand MineCraft which there are a lot of valid comparisons to. This game is fun as shit and even if you only get 10 hours of game play, that is more than some AAA titles coming out nowadays. I watched several streams as well and it doesn't do the game justice IMO. It's an 8/10 for me. But fuck...I really hope co-op is on their roadmap.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I'm still exploring the starter system even though I could have left awhile ago. Am I correct in thinking that every person has a different process-generated starting planet?

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Most stream that I have watched seem to have the game crashing a lot. Anyone have any crashing issue while playing?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Played it for a few hours last night (ps4 obviously) and I really liked what it was. Flying around the surface of planets looking for ?s and random outcroppings of stuff, then crafting/trading and upgrading. I can see dumping a lot more time into this pretty easily. The inventory thing is a bit of a "hrm." issue until you regularly start incrementally increasing your various capacities, and it's obviously one of the progression parts. For what it is, I like it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Went back to my starter planet this morning and was surprised to see that it was loaded with Emeril globes, and Copper chunks. So I mined about 3 stacks of Emeril and 3 stacks of Copper thinking I would be rich. Blase off into orbit and was quickly destroyed by a pirate, lost all the Emeril but nothing else. When you get sniped by these space pirates, do you only lose the items in your ships inventory? Space combat is so so floaty even with sensitivity at zero.

Did manage to upgrade my ship, and get the design to make the upgrade to my Hyperdrive, but no idea where to get Iridium.

Note: Yea, game has crashed 3 times in probably 20+ hours of play.