No Man's Sky

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Solved my problem by just going into the graphics setting file in the steam folder for this game and setting full screen to false and borderless to truee.

Game started right up after that. Will report back on performance.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The hitching and FPS drops are a huge problem, but he's said before that this isn't his type of game and him saying dumb shit like "What does this even do" while he refuses to read what things do aren't very valid complaints.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Damn I know this game has no ultimate point but I feel like I need to platinum on PS4 before I switch over to PC Master Version :[

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This is a stupid question but I thought TB quit streaming and everything a few years ago for some reason? Am I wrong?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I don't really see an option for 21:9, other than being able to set the resolution to that and the game stretching the UI out. Text is all around blurry too. Hopefully we get some QOL adjustments from a patch at some point.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This is a stupid question but I thought TB quit streaming and everything a few years ago for some reason? Am I wrong?

He has cancer and is dying but he still streams and bitches about vidya like a boss.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

he quit social media (reddit, twitter etc) and that is now handled by his PR guy. He still produces content and fights his cancer

Lenas

Trump's Staff
llrxFZA.png

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
While I certainly don't wish cancer on anybody, I can't stand TB as a "reviewer". I've tried to watch his videos and basically from minute 1 every time I have a better understanding of whatever game it is that I've never heard of than he does being hands-on. There's a bunch of game reviewers like that, it's like absolutely no mechanics, ideas, or standards from the other hundreds of games they've played over the years mean anything, and they can't be bothered to read anything to boot.

If you're supposed to be reviewing a game, the least you could do is actually pay attention to it.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
People that don't read anything and then bitch that games don't explain anything == triggered.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
While I certainly don't wish cancer on anybody, I can't stand TB as a "reviewer". I've tried to watch his videos and basically from minute 1 every time I have a better understanding of whatever game it is that I've never heard of than he does being hands-on. There's a bunch of game reviewers like that, it's like absolutely no mechanics, ideas, or standards from the other hundreds of games they've played over the years mean anything, and they can't be bothered to read anything to boot.

If you're supposed to be reviewing a game, the least you could do is actually pay attention to it.

TB has told many times that he's not a game reviewer, he gives his first impressions of a game. I'm too lazy to find out the videos where he explains the difference between a reviewer and someone giving their impression but it basically comes down to that a reviewer has to play the majority of the game if not complete it in order to review the game as a whole product, there as giving your first impression is much more lenient. Think about reviewing a game like Witcher 3. All those "reviews" that came out early, none of them addressed what happenes later in game. All those reviewers just played a bit and gave their first impressions. There was no in depth analysis of late game skills, gear, if or how combat changes with better gear, how story evolves etc

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Game loaded fine for me on PC, though it had massive amounts of hitching on an SSD with a 1070 gtx. Got a refund on steam, collecting/gathering isnt for me at all but I thought maybe the sci fi space ship stuff would swing it, but no. It did not feel like a triple a title, if some of you are on the fence id wait it out.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Game runs better on my PS4 atm than it does with my GTX 660, 1080p medium settings. Hell, even runs better than the 720p settings.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
TB has told many times that he's not a game reviewer, he gives his first impressions of a game. I'm too lazy to find out the videos where he explains the difference between a reviewer and someone giving their impression but it basically comes down to that a reviewer has to play the majority of the game if not complete it in order to review the game as a whole product, there as giving your first impression is much more lenient. Think about reviewing a game like Witcher 3. All those "reviews" that came out early, none of them addressed what happenes later in game. All those reviewers just played a bit and gave their first impressions. There was no in depth analysis of late game skills, gear, if or how combat changes with better gear, how story evolves etc

That's fine, what is and is not a review or reviewer is pretty blurry these days. I guess it just bugs me that his interactions with a game always seem to be like he never plays games, when clearly that's not true. I'm all for someone conveying first impressions but when I'm watching a video and disagree with a bunch of what he's saying because he isn't paying attention to the game he's playing it just makes me question what benefit he offers anyone.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ok I was confused, he quit social media.

I don't like him very much anyways and when I saw what he looked like IRL I liked him less.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Now that its running I'm getting good performance at 50 fps solid at 1440p with 100 fov on foot and ship and everything turned up to max.

tb's a retard.

looking forward to this game, will purchase after a few patches or thanksgiving sale or something.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Game is running good with a little hitching here and there, 980ti. It miles better than playing it on the PS4.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Performance got a lot better when I changed max fps to 90. Still some slowdown though especially in the menus.

Slowdown and pop-ins when entering a planet are unlike anything I get on PS4.

Edit - This is unplayable atm. Back to PS4 for me. Voxels + shit performance reminding me of EQ Landmark alpha.

Last edited: