Overwatch

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The maps and classes don't seem to translate well to CTF. Maybe in time people will get use to it but as of right now, maps seem really small and too linear but I only played a couple of matches of CTF. I'm really excited for the game mode though as it's one of my favorites but some tweaking is definitely needed.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah the biggest issue with CTF as it stands is that once the flag is picked up it seems like there is almost no way to stop a capture unless it was just a ninja pickup and then they run into your 6.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Really it is just the map. The classes are fine, and their problem solving with getting hit interrupts definitely does wonders.

I think if they made maps for it, it could easily be an amazing mode with its own champion priority pool. Also would be a good way to bring back sudden death.

I think if they may be not only made maps with better pathing but also either putting spawns a head of the flag would be interesting, obvious with los and distance but if you die on the point there is no way you'll ever catch up or anything, even if you're tracer with no cool downs

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Really it is just the map. The classes are fine, and their problem solving with getting hit interrupts definitely does wonders.

I think if they made maps for it, it could easily be an amazing mode with its own champion priority pool. Also would be a good way to bring back sudden death.

I think if they may be not only made maps with better pathing but also either putting spawns a head of the flag would be interesting, obvious with los and distance but if you die on the point there is no way you'll ever catch up or anything, even if you're tracer with no cool downs

I think bigger maps + 10v10 would work. Fuck they should just copy outright 2Fort, slap it in CTF and see how it works out.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I think bigger maps + 10v10 would work. Fuck they should just copy outright 2Fort, slap it in CTF and see how it works out.

I can definitely agree, but I feel the 10v10 would make it arcademode pretty much. I can only wonder what it'd be like with Mei bastion torb sym on defense, that's near impenetrable.

But 2fort is a good example of what I'm talking about on spawns. The Spawn is ahead of the flag, so not only does attackers have to make it past the Spawn point on entry, they also have to on exit. Granted multiple routes.. It just not the free run it is now when you get the flag.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Lol reading some of the comments on facebook and forums about them wanting to work on bastion is hilarious. Like people seriously saying he doesn't need any changes because he is insanely good.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The mode is set up where it's super hard to grab the flag in the first place, with the occasional chance to retrieve it. Considering how many draws there are now, you guys are insane for wanting to add MORE chances to stalemate. Also it would be nuts to have the most stale-mate-prone game mode in FPS ever as the tie breaker :p

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Well like I said, this is a primo mode for sudden death. The stale mates are partly because of the map itself. It's just a recycled lijiang tower, with some small editions.

I find it fun, but sudden death would be perfect for this mode to break off the ties. Sudden death being first to retrieve the flag wins.

For the most part, they need to take into consideration that most CTF game modes don't put the Spawn behind the flag, but adjacent. Obvious reason is so that death timings can atleast catch up to the flag in a way or another so it's no so one dimensional.

Right now how I've won 90% of my games is we all attack, slowly. Pick targets off, one grabs the flag and the rest camp the choke. Rinse repeat. If you wanna be extra cheesy, get the first one then set up defense.. Which is the worse and most boring.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I've literally gotten the first point and then switched to Symettra and AFK'ed/jiggled mouse for 3 minutes multiple times yesterday. :emoji_thumbsup:

fris

Vyemm Raider
Small rant on the ranking system, sorry if this has already been addressed. Play on xbox as that's where my rl friends play now.

Last night,buddy and i hoped to get plat. We were each about 90 points away. Bad night, went 2 and 4 i think. 2 due to being down a man, one of our wins was due to enemy team being down a man. Xbox problems

My rant is about the number of rank points gained or lost per win or loss. When we started, i was 15 points higher than my friend. At the end of the night, i was 35 points behind him. When wet won,he gained more. When we lost, i lost more.

Is there a hidden mmr like League? Are points awarded more based on medals? Playing Rein and Lucio mostly likely hurting me in this road hog and sold ier metal meta

Heian

Molten Core Raider
There is a Hidden rank somewhere no idea how much it affect post placement matches. It depend if prior to the night if you were on a winning or losing streak. Let's say he had 2 victory prior grouping with you and you had 1 lose. It affect how many point you win/lose.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's funny all the aimbotters I saw were widow's and hanzos and all their career accuracy was 52% on Widow. Always.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Game seems to be getting better well players lately. Not so many dumbasses. There still out there but the holiday overwatchers are getting better i think, well or quit.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Welp finally reached diamond in solo queue as someone who is 35 years old and havent played FPS games since quake. Fuck you teenagers!

Also fuck you the symmetra who threw our game deliberately with the teleporter off the cliff when i was 2980!

Anyway, been quite the journey from gold, but feels like thats about as far as Ill get.