Overwatch

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This season has been interesting for me so far. :)

Started at 1400 then slowly ranked up to 2050, went back down to 1600. At this point I made an alt account, which placed at 2550, ranked it up to 2700. Then I went back to my regular account with a bit of confidence now that I knew I could play at platinum. I managed to climb on main from 1600 to 2299 or so.

I'm gonna try to reach platinum on the main account too. It's a fun climb.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This seems to be my relationship with this game. Climbed back up to 2700 after having a winning streak for once then I lost 100 points to a couple of smurf account games, then one game where someone was afk never picked a hero then timed out. Fun times.

LDDtWyd.jpg

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can't get a skin to save my life. Must have gone through 40 boxes already. Insane luck.

Finally up to 2350 or so on the main account, from 1400 to start the season. The last 300 or so SR have all been on the back of Soldier/Pharah. It's just way easier to climb this way.

Just finished a crazy game on reaper. Finished with 70 elim, 44kb, almost 30,000 damage and a fuckload of deaths. They played monkey the whole game and he just fed me a million ults. Not a char I particularly like to play, as I'm a bit kamikaze with him, but the monkey was tearing us up so it needed to happen.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
They nerfed the skins. I have opened about 20 fucking crates and got one skin it wasnt even a legendary. It was the fucking Symmetra one :(

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Had really bad luck in quick play today. Every time I was on attack my team would pick 2 out of the following 3: Widow, Hanzo, Ana. (Sometimes all 3).

It's really obnoxious because this generally means I have to play a tank so that our team has some semblance of pushing power, and while I enjoy playing tanks I don't want to play a tank every game. Even worse, I usually have to play Reinhardt because it's very difficult to play Winston or Roadhog (my favorite tanks) without other bulky characters to back me up.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
in quick play who gives a shit, just play what you want. quick play is horrible anyuways, its a place to practice characters.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I don't care about comp in QP, KCVIX said it's a place to practice characters. I used to try and make selection to have a good comp only to realize I would never get to practice new ones. :)

Going in with that attitude allows me to enjoy it. Since both teams pretty much end up with a horrible comp it sort of balances out. Voice chat is close to non-existent, so it's not really toxic. Usually people do try to get at least 1 tank and 1 healer but not always.

I only played QP last night exclusively with Mei since I want to get better at her. She is a lot of fun to play. I think I'm getting close to a level where I'll be able to bring her in competitive soon.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So do you guys just pug for competition mode? Seems like that would suck ass compared to a premade, or does it only let you do pugs?

I got the junkrat, mei, tracer and zen skin but I really just wanted the tracer and symmetra skins. I wish I could trade them in for one of the others.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I don't play QP at all any more but yeah it can take a loooot of time to figure out "hey this might be a good time to play mei/pharah/lucio/roadhog in this role on this map vs the other team's makeup". I solo queue comp 95% of the time and play mystery heroes when I don't want 15+ minute matches.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So do you guys just pug for competition mode? Seems like that would suck ass compared to a premade, or does it only let you do pugs?

I got the junkrat, mei, tracer and zen skin but I really just wanted the tracer and symmetra skins. I wish I could trade them in for one of the others.
I PUG 99% of the time. It's just a slow death down in ELO. But I get points...

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I only pug in competitive. Not ideal but you have to adjust your expectation accordingly. You'll get some terrible teams, but will also face some terrible teams too...again this balances out in my opinion. It just makes a few games not so fun.

I don't know anyone who plays, used to play with some people from here at the beginning but we were split apart when competitive started due to different ranks...mostly me being too low. :)

Rather than being diamond hoping to become master. I'm gold trying to become platinum, before that I was silver trying to get gold, and bronze trying to get silver. As I said adjusting expectation goes a long way to enjoying the game. Also, as long as the group isn't toxic and makes a decent effort at trying to win, I will have fun even if we lose.

If you're extremely competitive and winning is all that matters, and the only way to enjoy the game is by winning, then pugging might not be the way to go. :)