Overwatch

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well done. I'm almost 32 and thought that was a crutch for a while, but I've climbed tremendously since S3 began and it's really a satisfying challenge at times.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Great thing about this game is you can play some characters that don't rely on amazing reflexes/aim and still do pretty well if you understand the environment/audio clues decently i.e. hey I'm Ana and I hear footsteps and I'm about to get ganked by reaper so lets look for that.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I dunno, I'm 31 and I'm mainly playing Soldier and up to like 3238 or something, with very few games played. I'm pretty sure I'm on a massive win streak too. Last two wins I gained 65 and 50 SR respectively

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Finally uninstalled this piece of shit tonight after falling down to 2300 and having 3 games back to back where people were just on tilt before the match started yelling at each other. It's a shame I enjoy the game it can be a lot of fun but I really hate the playerbase.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Finally uninstalled this piece of shit tonight after falling down to 2300 and having 3 games back to back where people were just on tilt before the match started yelling at each other. It's a shame I enjoy the game it can be a lot of fun but I really hate the playerbase.

Yeah the playerbase is awful, I just get in and mute early now because tilted players just drag you and your team down, and they aren't gonna be providing any useful information anyway. I also hate the way the game is kind of streaky, you do six losses and lose 200 points one night and feel absolutely terrible, then a few days later youre up 300 again on a lucky streak and its all good. I wish it were more consistent.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This game isn't a twitch based arena shooter. Positioning trumps twitch and aim. I don't know why you're crutching on age it doesn't really matter. Most of the best teams in the world are low/mid 20's where all science would suggest you are at your twitch based gaming prime more around 15-16.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, I run permanent mute as well. I still will do text calls occasionally but I don't listen to anything. I've found in general that it's just a much more enjoyable gameplay experience.

People who tilt or ask to switch for no reason etc just take me off my game. If something isn't working, be it team como of I'm just not on for that char, I'll get off, but I don't need the distractions and second guessing.

Last edited:

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I just play qp and arcade

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
S76 with ugly sweater was a missed opportunity for Xmas skins

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Was analyzing a play on 76 last night that I think lost my team the game. I'm on defense on last point on Gibraltar, team is fighting on the ramp and I'm further back on high ground. Their Rein/Hog/Ana/Lucio trying to push up when I see their Pharah (who wasn't very good), start trying to fly over the tall building that separates the point from that room at the bottom of the ramp with the big health pack. I put her to about half health before she disappeared out of view. I waited 4-5 seconds and she didn't pop back up again and their Rein drops his shield so I start unloading on the hog. Right as my clip empties, the Pharah comes from under the bridge by the point (out of my line of sight at the time) and starts Ulting, and by the time I was able to finish the reload and take her out, Pharah had decimated my team. They rolled that push into a pretty easy victory.

So question is this - do you hold your clip for a specific target in certain situations? I'm sort of of the belief that I should be pumping out damage on anyone that shows their face, but in this situation, if I held off and waited for Pharah, we almost definitely would have held the point.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I usually don't go ham until i'm confident in execution. I swap targets a lot, atleast w/ 76.. if there was a hog or any other tank i'd tap burst em as many times as I could in the head then try to flick/execute a healer or dps.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think the problem with Soldiers is often is they aren't damaging enough people, especially Rein's shield. Rein without a shield is a giant feeder if you have ranged damage. Pharah out of sight? Full unload on Rein shield. Then wait and check for Pharah. She not there? Repeat.

His reload is pretty quick and you can rocket + ~3 bullet an Ulting pharah to death. So if you're really worried just save rockets.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah 76 reload really quickly. If your spot of analysis for the tipping point in the game is the 1 second it takes to reload 76's weapon chances are you spotted the wrong problem.