Overwatch

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Like one said above, he excels extremely well in a team that can't play together. Which is fine, but beyond that.. He struggles to be relevant.

The trick to a Jr is to push him hard. He can choke a point, but it's honestly not that good unless it's extremely narrow or closed in.. People will just wonder in the other direction away from his range even. He only excels when the team either has second thoughts within his range, or they get stalled out. Beyond that, once they're past him.. He can't redeem ground all that well.

His kit is awesome and I love it, it just needs love. Something like doubles on either two traps or two concs(inc what's live like 1/1) would go so far. Most times you barely get caught out by A trap. Out of all the junk rats I've played against in the last two seasons, and partly because other people on my team get hit by it instead.. But I haven't been trapped much, could probably count it with one hand. He also gets kinda fucked when he has to make the decision to c4 out or c4 for damage. I mean, it could do wonders.. But it is probably something that wouldn't happen.

I don't play him much, but one of my favorite elements he has is ricocheting. It'd be cool if they gave his gun the semi automatic treatment(tap fire) and as an addative, give him a charge shot that doesn't increase damage but decreases arch/fall and increases distance/bounce and/or speed or any sort of crazy combo of that sort.

If the mother fucker could precisely billard his way through games, i'd probably swap from Hanzo to Jr just so I can hit people with bank shots. Scatter is fun but can sometime be a pain w/ cool down/terrain but a kit dedicated to that would be pretty fucking sweet.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Junkrat is pretty solid at "point A" type defenses with a singular choke. Can bankshot and just destroy rein shields and anyone out of position. Less good on point B's which have multiple entries. A good junkrat isn't afraid to go after people though. If you're sitting back and lobbing 100% of the time while 50% healers run away from you, you're not doing the class justice.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well that was funny.

We're facing a full group of 6. We're a group of 3 , a group of 2 and me solo. We destroy them in the first match...and then they all leave as a group. :)

gauze

Molten Core Raider

I don't mean to make him sound completely unplayable. It's just him and torb are pretty much on the last bits of any sort of buffs coming their way. I can't exactly see anything wrong with torb, but I'm sure there's something there. Cancercomp has me blinded for now.

It's like prebuff dva or symm, I've seen people do literal God's work with them. Including attack bastions and attack torbs too. But it doesn't inheritently make them strong/viable/reasonable.

I've only really met one insaneeee Jr, like know his geometry/trajectory like the back of his hand kinda insane where you'd think to call aim bot but it's just Jr. But like you said he kinda fits the point a classic symm. He honestly needs a small push, and it really depends on their philosophy for the character on how they'd do it.

Dorado is another good one, but once the team gets past that choke, again you find yourself in the same predicament in which Jr just has a rough time regaining any sort of traction. Not that it's impossible. I'm only basing this off of around master/gm play, having a Jr main as a friend, and general trend. As a hanjo main, even though both of them rate about the same in p/r.. Hanjo is more the high skill/low reward, while Jr is just a damaging potato.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I can't kill a fucking thing as Junkrat, I understand the concept but for some reason I just get rekt or spending 10 mins firing nades into a choke point doing fuck all.

That random hero arcade match is interesting, especially since there are characters I still haven't played. Played roadhog for the first time last night and got my ass kicked, we still won though, lol.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think Junkrat is a victim of the meta a bit. He may see more niche play now that D.Va isn't a mandatory pick. But until D.Va and Zarya are pushed down the meta pole he'll struggle to be viable since those two counter him pretty hard. I did see someone on reddit proved that Junkrat gets like 1.75 tires per 1 rez he feeds Mercy. So the concept of "He just does trash damage and feeds support ults" isn't 100% true since his ult builds at such a high rate. You could argue that rez/nano are more important and better ults but even at high level play I see tires get pretty good value.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I swear they fucked with their loot box code. Getting nothing but SHIT

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I swear they fucked with their loot box code. Getting nothing but SHIT
Played all of 12 games in the past week. Opened the free boxes for the New Year or whatever they were from (I have no clue, haven't logged in since XMas) and gained a level (so another box). Every box had a purple in it, all costumes except one which was gold. Before this I logged in for free XMas stuff but hadn't played a match since like August.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder what the game thinks I should be ranked at. I've been gaining 50-60 per win (I rarely play competitive) and I just lost the first game I have in a while, and only lost 21. I'm like 32xx atm. I feel like I should really just put some time into it, but I just never really feel like it lol. I'm too old, I don't feel like dealing with people raging all the time.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
rofl two members of lunatic hai were banned for the season for talking to multiple girls online

Xevy

Log Wizard
I wonder what the game thinks I should be ranked at. I've been gaining 50-60 per win (I rarely play competitive) and I just lost the first game I have in a while, and only lost 21. I'm like 32xx atm. I feel like I should really just put some time into it, but I just never really feel like it lol. I'm too old, I don't feel like dealing with people raging all the time.

Same. I'm at like a 60% or more win rate in comp at 3050ish, but fuck comp. I just hate hearing all these people do constant call outs of shit I already know and the same 9 characters on every team. I'd like to get master and maybe GM to stroke my ego, but it'd take like 20-40 hours I'd rather be dicking around in Mystery Heroes or QP.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been riding 76 hard - finally moved into plat at 2530, getting about 50sr at a clip. Been on a tear lately, I think my last 15 games is probably 10-2 with 3 ties. My season win-rate on him is 65% over 43 games. The games at 2700 on my smurf seemed quite a bit harder than these 2400ish games, so we'll see where I end up shaking out.

I think I've finally managed to sear into my mind the importance of simply staying alive - which positioning is a huge part of. Between that and execution on aim, games are seeming a lot more under control.

re: Zen and aiming - I basically avoid Ana and Zen for that reason. It's easy to be proficient at hitscan and Pharah or Junkrat at the same time, because they're so different, but Zen messes my hitscan accuracy up bad.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
yeah game is strange essentially rewards people who can aim way too much kinda is what I feel. I'm 3 drinks in and in my last game we have a solid 2 2 2 team on Ilios with me as Ana and I'm the only one trying to keep their pharah down and die a few times and lose 1. I say fuck it and go Soldier and we win the next 3 easily with only Zen as healer, obv enemy pharah never switches despite it being my goal to murder her. WTF is the point if its all about preventing/doing DPS? Of course, again, I'm in garbage ranks.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I gotta say, crawling through gold as soldier, I don't think I've had any major trouble with Pharah at any point. Bad Pharah's just let you kill them in the sky, whereas good Pharah's will ground themselves or run for cover/health once you put a few shots in them. Either way, it renders them pretty useless. Only problems I've had have been against a good pocket Ana or Mercy when they have a Tracer/Winston/Genji that doesn't let me get clear focus fire on her. I've considered putting some time into Winston to counter this, but it doesn't come up very often.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Finally get a legendary coin flying through the air

500 gold

seriously fuck off

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just got stuck in a game where someone was carrying a much lower friend who decided to play Rein. We're on Eichenwalde and and this guy is charging through the gates like 50 yards past the entire enemy team when we have no Ana. At one point, when we got pushed back to point B, he literally just tried to solo flank, by himself, around the entire castle structure, when the group was fighting on the bridge for dear life. We somehow ended up winning in overtime, (moved to 2850!), but this guy was easily a bottom 3 Rein I've ever played with, even compared to people in low silver.

Got a holiday monkey skin! woot.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Another 10 crates opened. No skins! geez this is sucking. ive opened about 30 so far and got tracer and symmetra. They arent even legendary.