Overwatch

xzi

Mouthbreather
I get irrationally angry at people that want to play competitive mode "for fun" instead of for winning

that's great you want to improve your genji play but fuck off to quickplay and don't ruin everybody elses games

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The problem is QP you can only practice your mechanicsYou won't have proper supports or front lines to really get a feel for how the hero should play out in a "real" matchEventually you'll need to take your sub-standard Genji into comp mode.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Yeah. In QP it's hard to develop and meaningful game sense since no one gives a fuck and odds are your team is hanzo, junkrat, genji, sombra, roadhog, lucio.

• 1Like

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, unfortunately QP is really only good for practicing very basic mechanics. It's really difficult to develop and legit game sense, positioning or higher level habits in QP because you have no cohesive lines/play. I think it causes more bad habits than its worth, but it can be a good warm up.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I was just really salty I dropped 100 sr from 3 games of that^

But, when around 3500 I can't understand why people want to just try something they're terrible at and it causes everyone to lose. The thing is I'm not even really mad if they wanted to play that character on certain points, like a hanzo/widow on first point offense on Kings Row is great, go ahead and play it. But after we cap the first point they're usually not AS useful, especially when going inside the last building there.

Contrary to my post I try to not be very toxic ingame, but jesus I can't blame people for being that way.

Tenks

I was just really salty I dropped 100 sr from 3 games of that^

But, when around 3500 I can't understand why people want to just try something they're terrible at and it causes everyone to lose. The thing is I'm not even really mad if they wanted to play that character on certain points, like a hanzo/widow on first point offense on Kings Row is great, go ahead and play it. But after we cap the first point they're usually not AS useful, especially when going inside the last building there.

Contrary to my post I try to not be very toxic ingame, but jesus I can't blame people for being that way.

If you're really concerned about your SR you shouldn't play this week. The season ends next week and people are taking comp very casually right now.

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
I just want to hit 3500 before season ends 8^]

But yeah, I realize that now. I probably shouldn't have waited after letting my sr decay from like 3470 to 3k like a dumbass

Also got a quad boop kill today on pharah and capped the point 99% vs 99% and won the game lmao

xzi

Mouthbreather
Finally masters!

EgNWvLL.png

G1MSsSG.jpg

Things I've learned in waiting until the last few days to grind for masters: don't wait until the last few days to grind for masters.. awful lot of trolling at the end of the season

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I pretty much stopped Competitive about a week or so ago shortly after I hit platinum and they announced the end of the season.

Too much trolling and people not caring.

I'm waiting for S4 before I hit competitive again. I'm hoping I'll place high gold or maybe even platinum. And goal will be to try and get Diamond.

I know it's just a game and accomplishment in game don't mean much in the grand scheme of things...but I'm still pretty proud of myself for going from Bronze to Platinum, and staying there. :)

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Thats pretty great, were you placed in bronze? Hard to see how thats possible without a lot of bad luck.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
many posts ago I showed how I was 1 win from diamond, had 3 chances and didn't get there, since then I've dropped to 2450-2550 range again. Big issue has been playing very sporadically, also playing this past week when people don't care anymore. I seem to get every leaver imaginable, even when I'm on the winning team. I had 3 matches cancelled after my team took 1st capture point because someone on enemy team instantly leaves, but when I'm on the losing team someone leaves and we have to play it out. :rolleyes:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Thats pretty great, were you placed in bronze? Hard to see how thats possible without a lot of bad luck.
Yeah I was placed in bronze, around 1400 or so. Placement were like 4-6 or something.

I'm not really that good at FPS games, Overwatch pretty much being my first multiplayer one.

Getting diamond if I can would be cool, but while I didn't drop out of platinum, it's not easy staying there...there are games I do great, most I do ok, and some I really struggle like I don't belong there. I'm having fun though.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I pretty much stopped Competitive about a week or so ago shortly after I hit platinum and they announced the end of the season.

Too much trolling and people not caring.

I'm waiting for S4 before I hit competitive again. I'm hoping I'll place high gold or maybe even platinum. And goal will be to try and get Diamond.

I know it's just a game and accomplishment in game don't mean much in the grand scheme of things...but I'm still pretty proud of myself for going from Bronze to Platinum, and staying there. :)

Going from bronze to plat is pretty huge dude, grats. If the placements don't change, you should be placed in plat again next season I think you could def get diamond if you grinded all that out as well.

Overwatch is a pretty good first FPS to get into honestly, while it is of course first and foremost a shooter, it's more heavily based on teamplay and playing smart with your abilities most of the time. You can play a lot of classes like dva or lucio or soldier and do pretty decent even if your aiming is atrocious

Tenks

Got to within one win of diamond but now I'm teetering on 2890-2930. I had a nice little streak going where if I got that one more it would have pushed me over the edge. Feelsbadman. Did it pretty much instalocking Ana.

Also the players here are much angrier than my breatheren in the 2600 SR range. Dear god people near Diamond get shitty.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Didn't play much s2 but managed to go from 2300's to 2505 within the first week of comp. One drunk night of solo queing dropped me back down to 2300 and from there I slowly fell night after night and am ending at 2090... I'll never drink and comp again, the climb out of gold on console is legit impossible no matter how good I play. No communication, no concept of positioning, always staggered, horrible team comps and worst of all no one knows how to counter Bastion.

Didn't even bother the past few weeks, just played quick play for my fix.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
When the other team picks a Bastion, I feel it my duty to punish them until they switch.

Usually it takes them two deaths at the hands of a Genji-in-your-face.

Tenks

Genji stops being the best Bastion counter sometime around in platinum from my experience. I remember in the dumpster tiers I'd just go Gengu and the Bastion seemed completely shocked that I can just run up to his face and kill him. Eventually they get smarter. Then you suddenly have a 200HP squishy in the face of a Gatling gun. Honestly I just stay on 76 and find good routes to flank him but a good Bastion is actually surprisingly hard to take down even if you have a DVa diving him.