Overwatch

Cybsled

Her mini-zarya ult that she can activate in midair is HUGE. Shit will be like an AoE Roadhog hook /w a Roadhog that can fly on maps with pits. Plus you can pull people off ledges/highground with it, or even pull them into the LOS of snipers/traps/hooks/etc. You could do some insane combo stuff too like pull them into a door, then have Mei block it off.

Does it ignore barriers or not?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Her fortify is great. Stops Rein Charge (stuns him, he falls down), immune to sleep, immune to hook, I'm ASSUMING immune to ALL MEI FREEZES (fucks her Ult over bigtime), and immune to Zarya's grav surge. In fact, you can activate Fortify while in Grav surge and walk the fuck out of it. It's pretty awesome.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Her fortify is great. Stops Rein Charge (stuns him, he falls down), immune to sleep, immune to hook, I'm ASSUMING immune to ALL MEI FREEZES (fucks her Ult over bigtime), and immune to Zarya's grav surge. In fact, you can activate Fortify while in Grav surge and walk the fuck out of it. It's pretty awesome.

This reminds me. Now that Bastion is super popular again remember you can rocket jump out of Mei's ult freeze. If you just look at the ground and rocket jump maybe a second after you get in the freeze you can even just stay in it and you won't get frozen.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think I would rather let my rank decay back to 3k than to play another fucking game of bastion vs bastion until the patch comes out

that shit doesn't need to be on PTR they need to change it right now

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I wonder if her barrier provides LOS coverage vs Mei ult. That would be a gigantic and well-deserved fuck you to that ult.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wonder if her barrier provides LOS coverage vs Mei ult. That would be a gigantic and well-deserved fuck you to that ult.
It doesn't and I don't think anything besides Fortify and Zarya bubble does. And they aren't LOS so much as CC immunity IF you get it off before being frozen.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
It doesn't and I don't think anything besides Fortify and Zarya bubble does. And they aren't LOS so much as CC immunity IF you get it off before being frozen.

I thought that using Reinhardt's shield facing the center blocks it?

Jive Turkey

Karen
Had a pretty sweet rocket barrage kill today when Zarya did that gravity ball thing and sucked the remaining 5 members of the other team in and I fucked them all up. Got us the payload in overtime. Made me feel like a big man

• 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It used to, but not anymore. It goes through it.
I thought it bounced off the shield? Can't remember.
I know the only thing that kills Mei ult is D'Va matrix, but I thought shields could deflect it.

Cybsled

No, the robot just hits the shield and activates Mei ult freeze AOE there. Kinda like Zarya ult. The barrier acts as a surface and activates the black hole.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
No, the robot just hits the shield and activates Mei ult freeze AOE there. Kinda like Zarya ult. The barrier acts as a surface and activates the black hole.
So kinda same thing I was saying, it doesn't go through it. If you're trying to lob into the middle of the enemy you need to make sure it goes over any shields (Rein/Symm/Orisa). Normally I just run into them and aim at the ground though.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So kinda same thing I was saying, it doesn't go through it. If you're trying to lob into the middle of the enemy you need to make sure it goes over any shields (Rein/Symm/Orisa). Normally I just run into them and aim at the ground though.
I mean, if you care about where the center of the blizzard is that much, but usually hitting Rein shield is close enough to F the team. If you're anywhere but the edge as over half the cast you just get frozen regardless.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Man it would be hilarious if it shakes out that both rein & orisa are mandatory as opposed to diversifying the meta.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tanks are going to be pretty meta in pro and high level play until there's more than 1 non-tank that can deal with them. Orisa, if anything, makes the take comp even better. Big damage boost hiding behind a bunch of fatties, another layer of shields, a low-cd displacement to disrupt enemy forts, and adds some much-needed ranged DPS.

Something that might change that is if Mercy becomes more standard, because that can reduce the effect of a squishy getting picked off, but Mercy rezzing 4 fatties is still probably better than a tank or two plus some squishies for now.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I thought it bounced off the shield? Can't remember.
I know the only thing that kills Mei ult is D'Va matrix, but I thought shields could deflect it.

Genji can also reflect Mei's ulti as well if you are quick enough