Overwatch

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Discord through barriers is going to be interesting. Even if you're not being hit with damage having discord on you makes you very nervous

That Winston change doe. Wew.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Sombra
  • Stealth
    Sound effects and VO distance for entering and exiting Stealth reduced to 15 meters.

Translocator
    Cooldown reduced from 6s to 4s
Having voiceovers announce your presence on stealthy characters is just retarded. Reaper and Sombra should not have to deal with loud announcement at all.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
"We don't want this to turn into 'barrier-watch'"

-turns game into barrier-watch....

Just find it kind of funny, I'm happy Winston is getting some love. Not happy about the Sombra translocator shit but it makes sense too. Would like more love for Junk but it's a good start. Setting him up to be barrier breaker me thinks.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The Zen discord through shield is also going to give more love to dirty dirty flankers like tracer and gengi.

Cybsled

That Ana nerf is huge. It also nerfs her self-heal, which makes her a lot more dependent on a second healer to stay alive.

Winston change was badly needed. Without the barrier, he melts in about 2 seconds. He always felt like the worst tank as a result, because you'd have to wait for barrier to go down, then wait another 12 seconds to do anything dive like. Sombra change is needed...hard to be sneaky when she yells out behind her enemies ;p

The Junkrat change is actually pretty big. It was always risky to do close quarter combat, since you were more likely to frag yourself. Now he can jump right into the middle of shit, throw down bombs, and make his death passive much more deadly.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
As someone who plays a lot of Zen, I like these changes.

Ana's been hit pretty hard, even after all the nerfs she's had so far. They may have gone too far this time though. It should definitely shake up the healer meta a lot.

Winston's shield is gonna make him so much more annoying. :)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Winston shield is huge, Ana nerfs are huge but she'll still see play, Zen buffs maybe huge, what good is discord through shield? Does it make shield take more damage too? Sombra maybe a little less useless, but doubt it.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
If you're going to nerf Ana's self heal, can I at least start shooting myself in the foot to heal myself?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
My guess is they're trying to make Anna less of a 1-healer choice. Zen regens most of his health, Mercy regens all of hers, Lucio heals himself same as everyone. Anna always has been gated by her grenade but she's STILL been the dominant healer so meh. Biggest thing to me is the damage nerf, that is a Pharah buff to me.

Also, my comment about Mercy last page was for that specific situation - Anna with 5 DPS in a pub game is not going to be as key to winning as a Mercy if you aren't practiced like hell on Anna. Ress helps offset picks and wipes that happen due to lack of tanks so it's super powerful. Could arguably use Zen or Lucio too but Ress is more all-purpose.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Oh man that Ana nerf. Major sadface, I don't get it at all. Her "problem" is that she is too good at major target healing and that her grenade is too good in general. But is there really people out there thinking "Man that Ana is putting out way too much damage". I main her because well a) she's a lot of fun but b) she's a pharah counter and can do more on offense than beam and fly around with Mercy. I can't play her at my garbage rank any more, no way I can keep myself alive without specifically Lucio near me.

Why not reduce damage to 70 (if at all) on shot, and then make the grenade do -50% less healing as opposed to no healing at all? Fits the ability perfectly.

Without that impact heal, and almost certainly a lot more Winston out there, I don't see her being played at all on mid/low levels, but fuck if I'm going to play Mercy. Back to Zen I guess.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm 80 SR away from Diamond and completely an Ana main. I need to get Diamond before this goes live.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Why not reduce damage to 70 (if at all) on shot.

I think the goal of the reduction is requiring 4 shots to kill the 200HP heroes instead of 3...so at 70, she would still kill a 200 hero in 3 shots. Not saying it's good or bad, just think that was the goal.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh man that Ana nerf. Major sadface, I don't get it at all. Her "problem" is that she is too good at major target healing and that her grenade is too good in general. But is there really people out there thinking "Man that Ana is putting out way too much damage". I main her because well a) she's a lot of fun but b) she's a pharah counter and can do more on offense than beam and fly around with Mercy. I can't play her at my garbage rank any more, no way I can keep myself alive without specifically Lucio near me.

Why not reduce damage to 70 (if at all) on shot, and then make the grenade do -50% less healing as opposed to no healing at all? Fits the ability perfectly.

Without that impact heal, and almost certainly a lot more Winston out there, I don't see her being played at all on mid/low levels, but fuck if I'm going to play Mercy. Back to Zen I guess.
Her damage is actually a point of contention for a lot of people. Her problem is she's too good at everything. She can outduel a ton of characters or just CC them for 6 seconds (that the CC'd teammates can't do anything to fix), compared to most healers who... can't do that. She has very strong healing that is very dynamic (and easy to switch to damaging key enemies if needed), this kind of compares to Zen but is just generally better at it. Her ult is a keystone of basically every meta/comp since she hit the game even with the movement buff removal that people said would "kill her off from the meta". She has had nothing BUT nerfs since she was released and she's still in essentially 100% of pro matches and nearly that many high-level games.

I think the goal of the reduction is requiring 4 shots to kill the 200HP heroes instead of 3...so at 70, she would still kill a 200 hero in 3 shots. Not saying it's good or bad, just think that was the goal.

Also this. Right now she can take down a Pharah (or other DPS target) faster and safer than a lot of DPS characters can. It's not that Ana is blanket OP, she's just a generalist that's good at everything. Hitting her damage and her self heal push her more into the supportive role which is really, definitely, OK. I would say the alternative is reduce her healing to her team (by a fair bit) to make her more the offensive healer similar to Zen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Its already like pulling teeth to get people to play healers, this is going to make it worse.