Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Nah. My guess iz they have an entirely new tracking system and are trying to roll it out instead of fixing thr problem with steps.

The goofy thing is that their api call displaying specific coordinstes for pokemon is way more info thsn strps need and just enablrd all the trackers.
Yea, I absolutely don't understand how they can have that problem, unless the tracker is generated server-side. I mean, you just send the pokemon coords to your game client, and it has your coords, the pokemon's. So what's the problem?

If you want a tracker in-game, you can either display a distance indicator or a direction indicator (front/behind/left/right) based on your current map orientation. If you don't want exact info, use a rough indicator (steps or simple arrows), but either should be trivial to compute and display locally.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If it's high IV, don't trash it. You never know how often they'll rebalance.

Tyen, here are my stats:

tuco - Runtime 00.05:21:43 - Lvl: 35 (Advance in 10h 12m | 312,895/1,500,000 XP ) | EXP/H: 147,058 | P/H: 213 | Stardust: 213,412 | Transfered: 159 |

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
BTW, Tyen, it's a lot easier to cheat by just writing down fake stats than it is to bot, but is essentially the same thing.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Botting is actually relatively interesting in a kind of "see how the sausage is made" kind of way. It pulls a lot more data than you see normally in game, and with the mass numbers it can put up you can track stats/averages way, way better.

Bots are actually what has mostly proven that they did decrease the catch rate/increase the flee rate very recently etc.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Game is all but dead to me with no way to track at all. Wandering around aimlessly just doesn't do it for me.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I certainly wasn't going to trash it, in fact I powered it up. Needed at least one more high powered attacker to easily bully around the two gyms here in town and I'm way short on candy to evolve a second exeggutor. If my team loses the gyms overnight I can just go shortly after I wake up and roll the gyms solo, claim them with a junk pokemon, and get my 20 pokecoins before anyone else is even awake to try and take them back. Only problem is if I don't post a defender but we still have them in the morning, then I have to sit there and train the gym up a rank first.

Missed my third Snorlax this morning. Saw it on nearby when I got to the southern end of my cycling loop this morning and I had a decent idea of where it had to be, but it despawned before I found it. I think it would have been mine if I'd had just another minute or two, but at least this time I didn't have to suffer the frustration of actually seeing the goddamn thing despawn on screen.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So many water types here in UK, fucking country is covered in it so they always spawn. Every gym is nearly 100% water and psychic.

Eggs/bulbs and electric types non existent and oddish/bellsprout uncommon enough. Whats good to aim for?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
hatch eggs. Unless you get super lucky all your non-evee gym battling pokemon will come from eggs anyway. If water pokemon are really that prevalent, you can get pikachu/bulbasaur from 2k eggs along with magnemite voltorb exeggcute and bellsprout from 5k eggs.

Also, if people are actually defending gyms with pure psychic types (never happens here), there are no dark types in gen 1 but psychic is weak to ghost and bug. Probably take a long ass time to get a gengar, but a good scyther or pinsir will have a significant advantage against a pure psychic type.

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Here's the ranking, I believe it's updated to the recent rebalancing:

Note that types don't matter much because instead of super effective being 200% dmg and not very effective being 50%, it's 80% and 125% or something.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
Nox was fun for a while pairing it up with pokevision, yeah I cheated. nfg. Not that i don't go out of my door alot, but when i do i like to use the phone to listen to music, Po-Go doesn't allow that- Like others have said, once the tracking is fixed i'll fire it up again.

Rhuobhe

N00b
How are you guys rating Pokemon IV now? I was using thsilphroad.com but it seems to be down for the past 48 hours.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Once you get past the ridiculously OP pokemon at the very top, type bonuses matter quite a bit more, even though they're still way too small. For example, Golem is pretty high on that list but in reality Golem is trash in Pokemon Go because he's double weak to both water and grass, and instead of being immune to electric and nearly immune to normal, he simply takes .8 damage

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
RQoIwGR.jpg

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I finally caught a Pikachu today at the zoo when I was restocking. I used to see a ton of Squirtles in my neighborhood but they've really dried up recently. I definitely don't see as many rare things in my neighborhood as I used to.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ok so we've all had our annoyed moments, but this is the first time I've been genuinely pissed off at the game. Saw a poliwhirl a couple blocks from home so I went to nab it for the first time capture xp. Figure I'll just use ultra balls so it's no muss no fuss, after all it's just a stage 2 evolution. Hit it with 6 ultra curveballs, all with razz berries, 2 nice 4 great, I was absolutely on fire. It broke out of all 6 and fled. I'd be less angry if it had been a poliwrath because hey, stage 3s should be hard to capture, but this was a fucking stage 2. This was the equivalent of a motherfucking pidgeotto breaking 6 ultras.

Fuck. New avatar is perfect.