Rickshaw Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So you want a special rule in place that Tanoomba is immune from any sort of punishment. Because that's what this amounts to. If someone does something unexpected, like turning every thread in the shaw into their personal bitchfest after doing their dead level best for several days to get shawed, then rules are going to happen to prevent that from occuring again.

It doesn't matter who it is doing it.

But you're now arguing Tanoomba should be immune from that reality.

That is the logical consequence of what you are arguing.

Be it Tanoomba, or me, or Araysar, or someone else, throwing a huge shit fit in the Shaw and turning every thread into our cowardly little bitchfest where we're quoting people from other parts of the forums and lashing out at them, what have you, some rule would be put in place to prevent that from occurring, but because its Tanoomba, he should get away with it scot free.

Thank you, Soy, for demonstrating the gross double standard that the old mod team had towards Tanoomba.

He is sacrosanct because he has enshrined himself as a "voice of the underdog" with the old mod team, and there is little to nothing they won't do to defend that decision.
I'm saying ban him instead. Ban him instead.

hodj, just in case you missed it: ban him instead.

EDIT: ban him instead. Copy?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
When all you have are insults, are we done here?

It isn't an insult. Its a statement of fact. Its the exact same functional equivalent of asking "Why do you talk about "insert fictional mythological entity here" if you don't believe he exists!"

Its insipid stupidity. The only rational response is to point this out, or, as Dave Chapelle puts it

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It isn't for him, it's a badge of honor so where do you go from there?
Why do we give a shit how he looks at it? He's been removed from discussion which is the important thing. Before you got involved and drew all this attention to him there were maybe 2 people that would bother clicking on his shitty thread in the rickshaw. If it wasn't punishment for him he wouldn't be in there throwing a temper tantrum. The best method for dealing with idiots like him is to ignore him and let him wallow. Changing rules for him is the worst thing you can do because.now he knows he got under your skin so he now knows his tantrum was a success.

• 11Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Why do we give a shit how he looks at it? He's been removed from discussion which is the important thing. Before you got involved and drew all this attention to him there were maybe 2 people that would bother clicking on his shitty thread in the rickshaw. If it wasn't punishment for him he wouldn't be in there throwing a temper tantrum. The best method for dealing with idiots like him is to ignore him and let him wallow. Changing rules for him is the worst thing you can do because.now he knows he got under your skin so he now knows his tantrum was a success.

Where did you learn such leadership, did you teach elementary school?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Not when you can sit in there and quote from elsewhere on the forum and throw a shit fit and get attention.

So do you think that Tanoomba derives no pleasure in having access to the rest of the forum? Because I remember him being really pissed at me when I RRPed him.

Be it Tanoomba, or me, or Araysar, or someone else, throwing a huge shit fit in the Shaw and turning every thread into our cowardly little bitchfest where we're quoting people from other parts of the forums and lashing out at them, what have you, some rule would be put in place to prevent that from occurring, but because its Tanoomba, he should get away with it scot free.

Huh. I can only speak for myself here but I argued pretty vociferously against Araysar being banned. You should probably ask Tuco about the 'will of the people' or whatever the fuck. I'd also defend the three of you from being banned, so it isn't like Moonbat is some kind of special snowflake. I'm also the one that ran against popular Mod opinion at the time and put Moonbat in the 'Shaw for his GG shit before anyone else (Most Mods didn't read that thread, didn't see how he was disruptive, and then you have Soy who just [raughs])

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It isn't an insult. Its a statement of fact. Its the exact same functional equivalent of asking "Why do you talk about "insert fictional mythological entity here" if you don't believe he exists!"

Its insipid stupidity. The only rational response is to point this out, or, as Dave Chapelle puts it

Just humor me and answer the question. If you already have him on ignore, then why does any of this matter to you?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I guess tanoomba really is the best troll of all time.

No, your standards are just low because you live in West Virginia.

I'm saying ban him instead. Ban him instead.

hodj, just in case you missed it: ban him instead.

EDIT: ban him instead. Copy?

Had a_skeleton_03 just done that instead, you'd all be here bitching about that as well.

Don't even try to deny it.

You're throwing anything at the wall hoping it sticks.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Had a_skeleton_03 just done that instead, you'd all be here bitching about that as well.

Bitch, please. Had Draegan locked Big P's thread because Tanoomba was being a faggot, I would have been calling that shit out as well. You keep projecting your obsession with Tanoomba on me and it couldn't be more misplaced.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Changing rules for him is the worst thing you can do because.now he knows he got under your skin so he now knows his tantrum was a success.

What rule did I change?

He hasn't gotten under my skin. Like I said this was always the goal but I was busy just getting everything stable and working and didn't know we would have Woolygimp or Tanoomba or anyone in there so soon.

You guys have quickly forgotten that both of them were just blasted in there in clear "violation of the rules".

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

I'm still trying to figure out why anything needed to be done in the first place. Being reactionary towards Tanoomba, creating more rules and moving/locking threads is dumb.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So do you think that Tanoomba derives no pleasure in having access to the rest of the forum?

No, Tanoomba draws pleasure from creating a toxic environment.

Huh. I can only speak for myself here but I argued pretty vociferously against Araysar being banned.

Araysar welched on a bet.

The only reason I'm not for rebanning him is because everyone was supposed to get a second chance here, and I'm okay with giving him a second chance. He has paid his dues in the year plus ban he endured.

I also see the point in people who are like "He needs to wear the avatar still" but its a battle not worth fighting over and I don't care either way.

Bet welching is sacrosanct in this community though.

Bitch, please. Had Draegan locked Big P's thread because Tanoomba was being a faggot, I would have been calling that shit out as well. You keep projecting your obsession with Tanoomba on me and it couldn't be more misplaced.

Draegan shut down the entire Rickshaw at one point over people abusing it like Tanoomba is now.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So then this is ONLY about Picasso's thread, because you like him. So you have no issue with the other threads being moved?

Once again you have avoided it like 10 times. Why can't Picasso (and the others) have a personal thread in screenshots?

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You spent all this time trying to dig up old buried posters, tried to make this place as inclusive as you could to get this community healthy again, and then you go and try to discourage a portion of people that enjoyed using the rickshaw in their own ways.

It's a fine argument that being rickshawed isnt enough of a punishment for some people, but instead of ruining it for other posters perhaps think of alternatives before hard lining your own personal ideals.

Perhaps a person that needs habitual rrp'ing also gets put on the discouraged poster list for a time?

I also like the idea that you make the rest of the forum invisible to offenders but obviously it isn't too hard to log out.

Throwing someone in the Shaw isn't just a punishment, it's also intended to stop people from shitting up threads that aren't in the rickshaw.

Heck, here is another idea that's not so heavy handed. In Tanoomba's case just ban him from the GG thread if he can't stop being rrp'ed from it.

It's definitely not too hard to ignore threads in the fucking Shaw.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm still trying to figure out why anything needed to be done in the first place.

Because people thought using ignore was too much trouble, basically.

I have been a strong proponent of the system. I felt it was not futile to promote it. I was told it was futile to promote it.

All I see now are the logical consequences of people failing to follow through on that plan which we all had once we came here.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
So then this is ONLY about Picasso's thread, because you like him. So you have no issue with the other threads being moved?

Once again you have avoided it like 10 times. Why can't Picasso (and the others) have a personal thread in screenshots?
It's called an example. If Draegan made the same rule you did, all the usual suspects would have been bitching about it(and rightly so).

• 2Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It's a fine argument that being rickshawed isnt enough of a punishment for some people, but instead of ruining it for other posters perhaps think of alternatives before hard lining your own personal ideals.
Who's experience is being ruined by three threads moved?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It's called an example. If Draegan made the same rule you did, all the usual suspects would have been bitching about it(and rightly so).

Status
Not open for further replies.