Rickshaw Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Shawing someone has two purposes -- the main purpose is to remove them from discussions on the rest of the site. "Punishment" is the secondary function, but it doesn't need to be viewed as punishment by the one who got shawed. Once they've been removed, as adults that should be enough for us. We should not be concerned with how bad they feel about being removed.

Then when the RRP gets lifted, if they keep doing it, we Shaw them again.

Shit is getting way too complicated.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Heck, here is another idea that's not so heavy handed. In Tanoomba's case just ban him from the GG thread if he can't stop being rrp'ed from it.

I also made this suggestion, thread level banning him from posting in his thread in the shaw and in the Gamergate thread, and putting him on the discouraged user list.

There are options here but the only one that doesn't unfairly target him and only him is the one a_skeleton_03 has gone with, that I see, which is saying "No personal masturbation threads in the rickshaw"

Shawing someone has two purposes -- the main purpose is to remove them from discussions on the rest of the site.

No, that would be the primary purpose of banning someone, actually.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I think Tanoomba should be a mod.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Draegan shut down the entire Rickshaw at one point over people abusing it like Tanoomba is now.
And everyone(including me) roasted him for doing it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Shit is getting way too complicated.

"Welcome, visitor, to a_skeleton_03 World! Please watch your step as you exit your conveyance, and be aware that tripping and/or falling while on the boarding platform is prohibited by THE RULES"

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I did answer it, however stupid the answer is. You're the only one harping on that shit.

Ask Amod Thread
So they can't have a personal thread in screenshots because then they won't be able to access it when they are being punished?!?!

"Sorry junior you can't use the TV in the living room because if I send you to your room for being bad you won't be able to use it there, instead you get the TV in your room so that when I punish you then you get to watch it and not really be punished."

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Because people thought using ignore was too much trouble, basically.

I have been a strong proponent of the system. I felt it was not futile to promote it. I was told it was futile to promote it.

All I see now are the logical consequences of people failing to follow through on that plan which we all had once we came here.

Let them keep him off ignore then. You don't need to take it upon yourself to fight battles for others.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khalid

Unelected Mod
I'm fine with thread banning him from the rickshaw and keeping him RRPed for awhile. Maybe that is the solution. If you get RRPed and then use it as your personal mod-free zone, then you get thread-banned from it.

The idea of a mod-free area that you get sent to only works as a punishment if you want to engage in conversation and contribute to the rest of the forum. Clearly Tanoomba doesn't want to do that.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Would sure have been nice to have that moderator forum thread to be able to demonstrate whether this was the case or not, huh?
Uh...we're talking about the community, not the mods specifcally. The community most definitely hated on Draegan for doing that. You're more than welcome to read through the ancient Amod thread posts to review.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
"Welcome, visitor, to a_skeleton_03 World! Please watch your step as you exit your conveyance, and be aware that tripping and/or falling while on the boarding platform is prohibited by THE RULES"
Yet not one of you has appealed to the moderators, created a poll, done anything about it but bitch in here for an hour.

You are the creators of your own destiny but do nothing about it.

This is my vision until YOU tell me otherwise through the form of democracy.

You 6 or so people that are 'outraged' by this might be the only 6 on the forum.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Why not just extend his stay if he keeps shitting things up? You don't really need to invent new punishments do you?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Who gives a fuck if he has his own whack shack in the Shaw? If you don't want to see him beating his meat, then don't go in there. Fucking simple.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
This is pussy shit. draegan butthurt over victory laps all over again. If you're so worried about him feeling "punished" just fucking ban him. I don't understand this concern. Why lock those threads and say "no personal threads in the rickshaw!" while the at same time saying anyone rickshawed can just post whatever they want in any thread in there? So now anyone RRP'd will just pick a thread to start shitposting in and turn it into their own thread. Who gives a fuck if people might still be actively posting in that thread right? It's the rickshaw lol!

It's a stupid change that accomplishes literally nothing except pissing people off.

• 14Like
Reactions: 13 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I know you like these circular arguments and all but it's pretty obvious you have posters in here complaining about your change, so I guess...them?!?

No, I'm just really upset it's my personal thread and i was very serious about it. Then Soygen is upset because he likes me. We're just biased.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
This is pussy shit. draegan butthurt over victory laps all over again. If you're so worried about him feeling "punished" just fucking ban him. I don't understand this concern. Why lock those threads and say "no personal threads in the rickshaw!" while the at same time saying anyone rickshawed can just post whatever they want in any thread in there? So now anyone RRP'd will just pick a thread to start shitposting in and turn it into their own thread. Who gives a fuck if people might still be actively posting in that thread right? It's the rickshaw lol!

It's a stupid change that accomplishes literally nothing except pissing people off.
This is why I voted for you.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.