So, I'm dying...

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Thank you for either your attention to this post or your inattention; either way I got to get that out of my head and into poorly written words.
I can't tell you how many essays, expositions, confessions, and sometimes even good ideas that I've typed out here. Nobody replies, nobody negs me, I get no pos-loads, and as far as I can tell people just don't read them. Nobody has anything to say usually but thereissome sort of magic that happens when you type it into the void, as it were. I write a lot and most of it is fed into a personal .txt file that I control and nobody reads. It can be therapeutic to talk about....anything... really. It can be therapeutic to type about anything in the same way. And there is something to saying it 'out loud' that can change everything. If I type something into my .txt file, then in a social sense it essentially hasn't left my own head. If I type it here though, it leaves my head and becomes a manifested reality. Even if not a single person reads it, it is still a powerful thing to my own self to have said it publicly. Probably you wouldn't have the same exact experience here, but I absolutely understand the phenomenon and the power of 'typing it out' and I consider this a great place for that. It's big enough that maybe nobody will hear you, but it's small enough that maybe someone will.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I can't tell you how many essays, expositions, confessions, and sometimes even good ideas that I've typed out here. Nobody replies, nobody negs me, I get no pos-loads, and as far as I can tell people just don't read them.
Point me to these posts. I'll be happy to neg you.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've tried a few times to explain this place to others and I've more or less failed at it. This is one of the more unique places on the Internet. The community is large enough to thrive yet small enough that people stand out. You can have serious topics (for awhile) like this one, arguments over the benefits of single payer vs tort reform for health care, tranny's with dicks that put mine to shame (and have ended a short lived version of this site), men pretending to be woman, fat / depressed attention whores, married dudes that run prescription pain killers to hookers out of state, suicides etc. In between all that, and so much more, you can have a serious discussion on Dyson spheres, the practicalities of faster than light travel, garlic being a cure all for whatever ails you, why the Star Wars prequels suck or the benefits of prepaying points on your interest rate for a mortgage.

While there are other places that have more content or perhaps excel at one thing or another I've yet to find a community quite like this one. This place is completely fucking dysfunctional, comedy, sadness, brutal / mean spirited and yet so much more than all that. There are a lot of good people here. There is a lot of good information here. The ass holes, mental issues and drama kind of just act like a big old blanket to keep us all warm and comfy.

Anyway, regardless of the warts and crazy, this is a pretty good place to kill some time, have some laughs and bull shit with others.
This is a great post and is pretty accurate about the nature of the forum. Another thing to remember is this forum has been around in some form or another for quite some time. Most of the regulars who post here started when we were all teenagers/20's so there is a good percentage that have actually 'matured' and gotten older. I wonder if some of the more serious topics on here (like this one) would of even been possible in FOH circa 2004 (or earlier).

Sorry for your loss. Everyone is a human being behind the avatar. So when one goes, even if it's someone you 'knew' but didn't really know in this community, it hits you.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Mrs Gravy, finding out what pos-load means by yourself, should be your first scavenger hunt of the forum.

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
Thank you and he most certainly will.
As you have let me in here I am taking advantage of this opportunity. Tomorrow is my first day back to work and it scares the fuck out of me. I have great co-workers but the thought of having to see them and say shit to them is overwhelming. One of my close friends is going to try and run some interference for me but I know she won't be able to completely protect me. I am guessing that people will want to hug me, and normally I am great with that, but since this, it hurts - I am physically repelled by it; I didn't even want it from my family with whom I am EXTREMELY close. The thought of it from people with whom I work and about whom I care, but do who are not in my inner circle downright freaks me the fuck out.
That is all. Thank you for either your attention to this post or your inattention; either way I got to get that out of my head and into poorly written words.
Learn to let it go in one ear and out the other, just smile and nod and say thanks. When I lost my brother, I was still in high school and got that from so many people. Really, I don't think most people understand and that is their coping method of dealing with you and not understanding emotionally where you are.

In time, you will feel better, but as Ked said, you will still feel empotional pain at weird and random times forever, at least I do.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Chiming in to give my condolences, we need more Gravys on the internet (and in the world).

To address the question of whether or not he is "a black guy"...he may very well be one now as his body is being cremated.
Saw this the day after your post... Laughter is the best medicine.

rrr_img_123524.jpg

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Chiming in to give my condolences, we need more Gravys on the internet (and in the world).

Saw this the day after your post... Laughter is the best medicine.
Yeah it definitely helps; many of you here help a lot. I am very fond of smart smart-ass and there seems to be a plethora of that.

It would have been date night tonight - had a little pity party for myself on the way home from work; then decided that was ok. Now, though, here to read funny remarks and try to slog through all of the not so scary sections prior to moving on to the fabled screenshots section.

Dinner tonight is one of the last meals G and I made together and froze for future use - Swedish meatballs. Not many more of those made-together meals left. Think I will have a beer too; a Charleville Brewery Amber Ale (St Genevieve MO).

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
In the middle of the 4.5 hr drive home from my girlfriend's weekly cancer treatment. Mrs. Gravy just made me tear up with her meatballs.
frown.png

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
In the middle of the 4.5 hr drive home from my girlfriend's weekly cancer treatment. Mrs. Gravy just made me tear up with her meatballs.
frown.png
I am sorry for that Mr. Bandwagon and also to know of your beloved's struggles. I will send good juju her way.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Thanks Mrs Gravy. The scary part is over, until it's not. It's weird to be happy about some of the news we get, but at least it's not "the bad news". I did just explain this thread to her, and she laughed and said "Brave woman, but I definitely see how that would help".

I don't envy you your first day back at work, but I also have a temper when people try to inject themselves into my personal life. 6 days after my girlfriend was diagnosed, we had a patient that we were transporting home for hospice care for the exact same thing. My Partner told the patient's family, for whatever reason, about my situation. I suppose that has made similar situations easier since then. Sorry, just rambling.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Thanks Mrs Gravy. The scary part is over, until it's not. It's weird to be happy about some of the news we get, but at least it's not "the bad news". I did just explain this thread to her, and she laughed and said "Brave woman, but I definitely see how that would help".

I don't envy you your first day back at work, but I also have a temper when people try to inject themselves into my personal life. 6 days after my girlfriend was diagnosed, we had a patient that we were transporting home for hospice care for the exact same thing. My Partner told the patient's family, for whatever reason, about my situation. I suppose that has made similar situations easier since then. Sorry, just rambling.
Ramble on...

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Edit: you ninja edited me!

He's lucky you weren't in the military. I was in, and 10 years later I still get kissed off when people rattle off military acronyms off-base.

...I was just going to bait you into googling one, but I felt the Tuco-hammer hovering above my head.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Edit: you ninja edited me!

He's lucky you weren't in the military. I was in, and 10 years later I still get kissed off when people rattle off military acronyms off-base.

...I was just going to bait you into googling one, but I felt the Tuco-hammer hovering above my head.
Ninja edit - teehee.
I have had two beers and little to eat - the food is being nuked as I type this and I am a lightweight in the drinking realm - or what G referred to as a cheap date (and he also would suggest naked fire dancing) but I digress. I thought better I should not be so forthcoming so soon as I am too trusting and naive and G would not care for me being so "hey here is who I am" even to the best of you.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Wise advice for the internet in general, but there is plenty of conversation to participate in without giving up your social, address and bra size.