Soccer 2016-2017

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Good result for Liverpool tonight, its what Ranieri would have wanted.

Liverpool would favorites (obviously), but took a punt on the Over and LC to win. Lovely bit of luck and helps out the Arsenal.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Utter catastrophe. Probably the lowest point in the Wenger era, no question and tough to see a path forward both for him and the club from here. Wenger needs to go, but the players need to look at themselves in the fucking mirror tonight and decide if they're proud of what they see in front of them. It's a disgrace, from the owner, CEO, manager, players to fucking gunnersaurus running around like a dick.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol Barcelona

Ref is basically pushing them towards the quarterfinals and they still choke.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I actually feel a bit sorry for you and your team Springbok Springbok

I feel dirty.

I grew up detesting Arsenal and Wenger. We were always in their shadow over the years. But it had now got to a point where I wish he stays because I know he will never win the PL again and Arsenal will stagnate as long as he is their manager.

Edit: Now THATS how you come back from a four goal deficit

Last edited:

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't believe a German ref would just push Barca through the game like this.

Well, he's of Turkish descent.

Szlia

In the entire history of the C1 there has been 185 matches were a team lead 4-0 in the home match and precisely 0 failed to qualify after the away match... now there is one: the PSG!

I think the craziest part is that it's not because the Barca played an amazing match, it's a mix of the PSG shaking in their boots and a conjunction of weird calls and situations. I mean you have a clusterfuck in the box with a keeper that should go to the ball but decides to backtrack while his defenders keep their thumbs in their ass for the 1-0. You have a defender that fails to kick the ball out of bound ending in a blind back pass with the heel that a defender manages to turn into an unlikely own goal for the 2-0.

Early in the 2nd half, a defender stumbles and falls head first in the box only to end in the legs of an attacker for a penalty kick (given by the box ref!). Said penalty kick is shot in the worst possible spot with the keeper choosing the correct side, but it still scores the 3-0... The PSG suddenly realize they have to play and score a brilliant goal for 3-1. This deflates the Barca players and the PSG get another couple near goal actions, but one is fumbled and the other is saved by the keeper.

At the 88th minute it's 3-1 for the Barca but they need another 3 goals. That's the moment a defender decides to chose to makes a totally unnecessary foul far from the box that results in a brilliant free kick for the 4-1. Two minutes later, a pretty generous penalty kick is awarded and suddenly it's 5-1 in stoppage time... oddly, the least stupid goal was the 6th, with a brilliant cross over the defense to an area where the keeper cannot really intervene and a player throwing himself just in time to score a brilliant goal that will forever remain in european football history.

It's pretty insane that PSG could play so well in the home game and choke that much in the away game... it's pretty exceptional. More than that: it's a first!

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I think that crumble is even more shocking than Arsenal's loss and scoreline. The 2nd leg of the Arsenal game, they were broken and especially after the red card. PSG just had to pack the box a la Mourinho bus and they had an easy 2nd leg. Especially after they scored!!!! What a colossal fuckup.:smuggly::smuggly::smuggly::smuggly:

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
To Quineloe Quineloe
se7q5g015ebcvctwd6xo.gif

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Some guy at work said that some guy on the radio said that before the match the odds on Barcelona progressing shortened dramatically - like major money was placed on Barcelona qualifying.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Betting markets had them at a 10% chance while historically down 4-0 you would see odds at 1%. I think that speaks to just how good Neymar, Suarez and Messi are more than anything else. PSG just wanted to kick the crap out of Neymar from the first minute and he still played amazingly well, probably better than both Suarez and Messi.