Stephen King's The Dark Tower

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This might be the most epic fail in adaptations, great fuckery what are they doing?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Well it's a sequel to the novels, but are they going to have the entire final cycle in one film?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
"The Devil's a handsome man," McConaughey says. "I've seen the pale Devil." He shakes his head. "No, no, no. I've seen the Nosferatic Devil -- no. I said, 'Black suit, black coat -- let's look really sharp.'" Even his spiky hair seems design to impale. "A crow-vibe. We've also got some Brian Grazer in there," he says, referring to The Dark Tower producer. "I said hair back, flames back, full face. I wanted to be completely exposed."

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Roland is not black, the man in black isn't supposed to look like Toby Maguire in Spiderman 3. This thing has cluster fuck written all over it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Picture that SK posted to twitter, hinting that the movie might be more of a sequel than straight-up adaptation.

rrr_img_134057.jpg
What a bunch of dumb fucking shit.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Looks bad but I like McConaughey (spelled that wrong probably) and Elba a lot, so we'll see.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
basing this movie around the aftermath of stephen king's worst book ending of all time sounds like a great idea. that ending was so bad, King knew it and even warned people not to look at it. he was like, wait you dont have to read this, here's a nice poem and try to think of other stuff!

yeah, i was following your book series for 20+ years, i wont read the ending of that series now. guy was huffing some serious glue.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I really like the casting. Him being black instead of white means some stuff has to change but Elba is a badass and great in everything he does. True Detectives showed that Mcconaughey can really exude menace and weirdness.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I really like the casting. Him being black instead of white means some stuff has to change but Elba is a badass and great in everything he does. True Detectives showed that Mcconaughey can really exude menace and weirdness.
I'm gonna go see this just because of Elba and Mcconaughey.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think they are going to fuck this up. After initial annoyance, I'm ok with the choice of Elba and mcconaughey both. But after reading the slide show captions in the article, it seems like the director skimmed the novels at best and the screen writer decided to add a bunch of bullshit extra stuff in. Pretty sure they will fuck this up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Latest is Eddie/Susannah just aren't in this movie, and this movie will be different due to the horn and incorporate some shit that didn't happen in the book. They're supposed to be in next movies, mostly. Mostly

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw the Susannah shit coming. Sounds like they are reworking the entire timeline to better suit a film adaptation. That's the optimistic take on it. The other side of me says they are just butchering the source material and giving a big middle finger to fans of the books.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I saw the Susannah shit coming. Sounds like they are reworking the entire timeline to better suit a film adaptation. That's the optimistic take on it. The other side of me says they are just butchering the source material and giving a big middle finger to fans of the books.
How can you say that? He's got the horn this time! THE MOVIES ARE THE TRUE FINALE OMG.

I'm probably going to be a little salty over this forever.

Mandriana

Since Roland is black, if the series makes it to wizard and glass, are they going to cast Jaden Smith in the role of younger Roland?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The whole "final cycle" thing is such a bullshit excuse that makes no sense and doesnt address the issue at all.

OK, lets assume that at the end of TDT Roland was carried back to that moment on Jericho Hill when the horn was lost. Or whatever. So a new timeline starts. Great, I am totally on board up to this point. Now explain how the fuck that makes Roland (and presumably all the population of Gilead) black. His race was set in stone before his birth. The race of the other people of Gilead was set in stone far earlier. So how does changing a detail at the battle of Jericho Hill retroactively change all their races? Keep in mind, black people do exist in Roland's world; theyre just from a different part of the world.

Adding another timeline -- saying that the movie is the final cycle -- doesnt even begin to address casting Roland as a black dude.

Fucking stupid.

• 1Like