The Acolyte

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, as I understood this, anything 7-9 and high republic was Kathleen Kennedy alone, so Filoni’s input was suggestive at best.

I hate these people so much. They make Rogue One, which arguably has the best two minutes of Star Wars ever:

View attachment 533960

and the people at Disney cant get their heads out of their asses long enough to say, “hey two hours of this would be a cash cow”

My Pitch: Eli Roth directs a horror movie where Vader hunts down Order 66 survivors. Make it rated R, cause fuck some gay action figures.

Pancakes!!!!
aJpq9g.gif

I get your point but maybe Eli Roth isn't the right dude, but then again, maybe he is for such a dumpster fire. Just really shake it up, and do something so outlandish, it becomes fun again.

I think he's Jewish though so that's something to consider, but who isn't in Hollywood nowadays..😉

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I don't know. he started off great. but, maybe its getting too full of himself? The dude 100% lived and breathed star wars... but, he is also 100% responsible for force gods, magic, magic, magic. I don't know if someone was restricting him before. that maybe the Clone wars setting, focusing on clones and military, kept that storyline sane. maybe he ALWAYS was full on magic bullshit dnd with the force.

Star wars in general has a real problem with no one knowing what makes starwars good.

The force unleashed, Gennedy have super powered action jedi that can fly, and force move planets. some people like that.. but that shit ruins the universe.
George himself often seems to have no idea. the prequels. his interviews. he doesn't get it at it all himself. even look at those scripts for the original. look how much it changed. the core concept was in total flux right from the get go.
sith wizards, and witches, and the magic dnd shit.
light whips and constant rule of cool one up manship.
or, conversely, zero tech progression from the Old republic to the Empire, and New Republic.

Pretty sure EVERYONE agrees there is more bad Starwars content, then good. The franchise was dead until Knights of the Old republic came out and suddenly reminded everyone of what was good about Starwars.
Couldn't have just been easy enough to follow the extended universe with all of the good books versus the current stuff. No different than the aliens and predators stuff that I always bitch about in comparison to the comics.

You've already got a road map, you need to probably just on that no problem whatsoever, had the offer on my soul took a change to buy the rights, have them I'm bored to make certain the story in these forward well, and you're good to go.

But that's too easy and would make for something interesting which we can't have because there's not enough diversity or something, I don't know.

I don't care about Star Wars anymore. I loved it when I was a little kid, most excited to go see the prequels, let me know how those turned out, I just don't care anymore. Let it all crash and burn.

• 1WTF

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Who knew blowjobs and coffee could make one so embittered?

Fucker

Log Wizard
all i know is that 30 seconds of the Sith in this week's episode was more powerful than any other Jedi or Sith ever shown. how exactly can a force user fly and float around like that? or sweep away 8 Jedi/Masters? even Palpy fell down a shaft and was killed and had to fight one at a time. this is straight up bullshit.
Ole Palpy force bazooka'd half the rebel fleet with force lightning. Like, why did they make all those space ships? All they had to do was point Ole Palpy at a planet and let im rip.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
And Star Trek too.
My favorite part is his pacing, every movie he makes takes place within 15 minutes even if it follows the entire life of the main character and a dozen trips across the galaxy.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
honestly JJ Abrams did more damage to the setting than any of these retarded didn't earn it cunts.
This is pretty much text book beating on a dead star wars fan at this point. It's all so bad. Abrams biggest gold star is that he was.... the second? And his crap got a lot of eyes on it. But even georgie was trashing on his own lore before surrendered it Disney. At this point its pretty much just entering comical levels of dumping on life-long fans of the series. It's hard to explain how huge star wars was to me as a kid. I LOVED it.

I can only imagine what little me would think about when I took the star wars poster my parents stole from a theater off the wall and rolled it up to put in a closet. Little me would of thought it was a war crime, now I'm just like, maybe some idiot will pay money for this shit when I retire.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Couldn't have just been easy enough to follow the extended universe with all of the good books versus the current stuff. No different than the aliens and predators stuff that I always bitch about in comparison to the comics.

You've already got a road map, you need to probably just on that no problem whatsoever, had the offer on my soul took a change to buy the rights, have them I'm bored to make certain the story in these forward well, and you're good to go.

But that's too easy and would make for something interesting which we can't have because there's not enough diversity or something, I don't know.

I don't care about Star Wars anymore. I loved it when I was a little kid, most excited to go see the prequels, let me know how those turned out, I just don't care anymore. Let it all crash and burn.
its easy to say, but much harder to actually decide what is the "good" eu lore to keep and what is the bad. that is what they did. its just the people deciding what to keep and what to drop are retards appearently.

and yes, George himself is part of this. 1000years/1000generations. "from a certain point of view". force gods. morobund/korriban. retconning himself. totally throwing great EU lore into the trash for his own garbage. iirc, no mara jade, no jaina is due to george, not KK.

Those script rewrites give a great amount of insight into Georges writing process. look how much things changed. parts moved all around to no longer even being slightly recognizable. taking names from one thing, and applying it elsewhere. you can see how taking that approach to EU lore gets us were we are. or in general, he would have zero concept of canon.
instead of rewriting the script in the framework of a set "lore", he changed every bit of the world to fit the new story.
or, how we get vader being lukes father retcon. moving pieces around. chopping it all up. you have to wonder if it "fitting" mostly well was 100% luck, or if he did at least try make it fit in any way. I have to lean on luck. it was not planned in a new hope. so no hint there was intentional. and he would have made vader his father regardless of how it fit retroactively.

lucas clearly does not have a character bible, or lore bible. he doesn't work like that. which.. is how we get morrobun, etc. Wookipedia which was this like amazing fan made star wars bible... and he clearly 100% ignored it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

The issue is Disney had to time jump and skip the post rotj EU because the actors had aged.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
its easy to say, but much harder to actually decide what is the "good" eu lore to keep and what is the bad. that is what they did. its just the people deciding what to keep and what to drop are retards appearently.

and yes, George himself is part of this. 1000years/1000generations. "from a certain point of view". force gods. morobund/korriban. retconning himself. totally throwing great EU lore into the trash for his own garbage. iirc, no mara jade, no jaina is due to george, not KK.

Those script rewrites give a great amount of insight into Georges writing process. look how much things changed. parts moved all around to no longer even being slightly recognizable. taking names from one thing, and applying it elsewhere. you can see how taking that approach to EU lore gets us were we are. or in general, he would have zero concept of canon.
instead of rewriting the script in the framework of a set "lore", he changed every bit of the world to fit the new story.
or, how we get vader being lukes father retcon. moving pieces around. chopping it all up. you have to wonder if it "fitting" mostly well was 100% luck, or if he did at least try make it fit in any way. I have to lean on luck. it was not planned in a new hope. so no hint there was intentional. and he would have made vader his father regardless of how it fit retroactively.

lucas clearly does not have a character bible, or lore bible. he doesn't work like that. which.. is how we get morrobun, etc. Wookipedia which was this like amazing fan made star wars bible... and he clearly 100% ignored it.
The original trilogy was him having an active hand in writing it all, so there was at least that much coherence to it. Between 1983-1999 he outsourced all that shit. Every last bit of it. The only reason he even made the second trilogy, though, is how much money people kept putting in his pocket from all the EU stuff. The fan base was immense, and wanted MOAR of it. The books, comics, and video games of the mid 90s were pretty phenomenal. Timothy Zahn's trilogy was also phenomenal.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The original trilogy was him having an active hand in writing it all, so there was at least that much coherence to it. Between 1983-1999 he outsourced all that shit. Every last bit of it. The only reason he even made the second trilogy, though, is how much money people kept putting in his pocket from all the EU stuff. The fan base was immense, and wanted MOAR of it. The books, comics, and video games of the mid 90s were pretty phenomenal. Timothy Zahn's trilogy was also phenomenal.
according to RLM, they said that Lucas wanted to beat Titanic and go back to being the king of the box office with the prequels. George has a huge ego, only someone as pretentious as George Lucas would think the OT needed fixing and not worth preserving it the way it was. it fucking needed a shitload of CGI buffoonery overlaid into every scene.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
according to RLM, they said that Lucas wanted to beat Titanic and go back to being the king of the box office with the prequels. George has a huge ego, only someone as pretentious as George Lucas would think the OT needed fixing and not worth preserving it the way it was. it fucking needed a shitload of CGI buffoonery overlaid into every scene.

Poor George always saw Star Wars the same way Michael Jackson saw his face in the mirror.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Poor George always saw Star Wars the same way Michael Jackson saw his face in the mirror.
all that CGI was shitty too, he couldnt wait for the tech to catch up to what he wanted. he didnt even care what fans wanted. he could have gone the Peter Jackson route and made an extended version of the original with a lot of the edited scenes being cleaned up and inserted in place. i wouldnt want that either, but at least the original would have still been in there and not ruined with CGI trash in every scene. I'm surprised he didnt add Jar Jar into American Graffiti.