The Acolyte

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I haven't watched the show but the main star of the show made a rap video talking shit to Star wars fans lol?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
supposedly the secret Sith is that goofy hispanic guy. that doesnt make much sense since he was trapped one second, the next he's ahead of the stupid twin and already killed the jedi wookie? but whatever, this show is dumb as fuck.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
According to the filings, in early April last year, when production of the streaming series was still in full swing, just 30% of the 695 employees were female and across the entire workforce, women's average hourly pay was 19.4% lower than men’s.

Not only does this show that the average hourly pay of the women who worked on The Acolyte was 19.4% less than men received but it was also 13.5% lower when taking the middle number if hourly pay is ranked from highest to lowest. What's more, although men outnumber women in the bottom and two middle hourly pay bands, 53% of the employees in the highest hourly pay band were also male.

• 6Worf
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 6 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
According to the filings, in early April last year, when production of the streaming series was still in full swing, just 30% of the 695 employees were female and across the entire workforce, women's average hourly pay was 19.4% lower than men’s.

Not only does this show that the average hourly pay of the women who worked on The Acolyte was 19.4% less than men received but it was also 13.5% lower when taking the middle number if hourly pay is ranked from highest to lowest. What's more, although men outnumber women in the bottom and two middle hourly pay bands, 53% of the employees in the highest hourly pay band were also male.
This shit is so tiring.

What they don't seem to take into account here is the jobs being done. Surely a fucking hair stylist shouldn't make more than a cinematographer right?

1719335607818.png

This isn't an equality problem. This is what women choose to do.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 6 users

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
This shit is so tiring.

What they don't seem to take into account here is the jobs being done. Surely a fucking hair stylist shouldn't make more than a cinematographer right?

View attachment 534246

This isn't an equality problem. This is what women choose to do.

Right, men are building sets and doing pyrotechnics, women are doing hair and makeup. Why aren't they paid the same? Master electricians demand more than hair stylists? Who knew?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
supposedly the secret Sith is that goofy hispanic guy. that doesnt make much sense since he was trapped one second, the next he's ahead of the stupid twin and already killed the jedi wookie? but whatever, this show is dumb as fuck.
Jesus Christ. This shit was so dumb.
"What are you? Uh dunno, Sith?"
I admit when the Sithspanic guy owned the entire cast of this show, I was loving it, but I made an "aww" sound when he double penetrated the chick who belongs in a Billy Idol video..
No. Not Billy Idol. Patty Smyth from Scandal in the Warrior video.

Last edited:

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure we'll find plenty to shit on here, but that was a half hour of some of the best fighting and lightsaber stuff in live action Star Wars. And this show has actual stakes. More than half the cast is now dead with 3 eps to go. And we still don't know what the Jedi did on Brendok, or how Qimir even knows about it.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm sure we'll find plenty to shit on here, but that was a half hour of some of the best fighting and lightsaber stuff in live action Star Wars. And this show has actual stakes. More than half the cast is now dead with 3 eps to go.
Not sure about those stakes, but it's hard to be excited about the choreography when the Sith went through all those Jedi like tissue paper while each one waited their turn to one on one him.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Just like all sex-based comparisons in all other industries, the numbers are meaningless if you aren't controlling for experience and base pay.

-"All these fresh out of college female assistant scriptwriter hires aren't making the same amount of money as our male assistant directors with 20 years of experience!"
-Why on earth would they?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
gotta love their mystery making skills. the bad side has 3 people. Sith in gimp mask, girl with beads in her hair and guy who is helping the girl with beads in her hair. he also seems well versed with what gimp mask Sith wants from her,. it was so beyond stupid that they made this guy the big baddy. maybe it turns out he was sent by one of the moms. i doubt that, he was way too powerful to have anyone tell him what to do. in fact he's so powerful. why need a student at all or missions when you can completely overcome any individual no matter who they are?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this can't be real can it? is this a deep fake?
No, it really happened and was apparently all it took along with a clothing swap to fool the Asian dude that she was Mae. These people don't know how twins work. You can always tell them apart. I guess they don't want to call them clones?

• 1Worf

Caliane

No, it really happened and was apparently all it took along with a clothing swap to fool the Asian dude that she was Mae. These people don't know how twins work. You can always tell them apart. I guess they don't want to call them clones?
jfc.. just when you think it can't possibly get dumber.

so, no burnt hair smell... no one sus's it out with the force. or, the mind reading..

its going to be the lesbian gremlin isn't it? She will sus it out with her deep connection with Occupational safety and health administration. you know, when they had all those moments of deep conversation, intimacy, connection, with "you are probably pretty flexible aren't you" love story of the ages.

edit: watching shad now. or did gremlin padawan also die? they suggest most/all the jedi die except for squid game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like