The Acolyte

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
... that Torbin dude did nothing wrong ...
To be fair, this is not quite true.
As stupid as the motivation was it was him who rushed alone and created the whole situation that led to all the deaths while Sol not only let it happen, he actually helped and killed the mom when he saw she was taking the girls away, there was no proper reason to strike at her except to stop her from running away and taking what he wanted: the girls. Osha in particular.

But the whole idea that Torbin did it because he wanted to go home so bad and then even comes to regret it to the point he kills himself (but not before he becomes a Master Jedi) is just absurd.
If he wanted to go home and didn't care for anyone or any rules might as well just take the damn ship and go.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider
yeah how could he make the rank of not just jedi knight, but jedi MASTER, while being so internally conflicted and torn up by guilt, that he would willingly suicide himself with poison when merely presented with the option?

Fuckin writing....

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I don't think you can. Dick doesn't fix that. They just get more entitled.
We all know what fixes them.

Sean Connery Fist Pump GIF by US Open

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
To be fair, this is not quite true.
As stupid as the motivation was it was him who rushed alone and created the whole situation that led to all the deaths while Sol not only let it happen, he actually helped and killed the mom when he saw she was taking the girls away, there was no proper reason to strike at her except to stop her from running away and taking what he wanted: the girls. Osha in particular.

But the whole idea that Torbin did it because he wanted to go home so bad and then even comes to regret it to the point he kills himself (but not before he becomes a Master Jedi) is just absurd.
If he wanted to go home and didn't care for anyone or any rules might as well just take the damn ship and go.
No, that never happened. The mother turned into a smoke monster and she started vaporizing mae and that's when Sol stabbed her. The Jedi never once attacked the lesbian witch coven. Koril prepared the coven for battle and when the Jedi arrived, not attacked, but arrived she sent mae to stop OSHA at all cost. She herself started fighting Sol and directed the witches to shoot arrows at them. The Jedi defended themselves. It wasn't even fighting back. Torbin blocked the arrows and Sol tried to block Koril's staff attacks. She got frustrated and yells in an angry dyke voice, "FIGHT ME!". Then she turns into mist and scoots out of there. Leaving the other lesbian witches to charm wookie Jedi and have him attack Sol and Torbin. Trinity jumps in and breaks the charm spell and the witches all fall over dead. The witches attacked. You think by just showing up, that means the Jedi were at fault? It means that that coven was a violent death cult. They were ready to kill the Jedi the first time they showed up. The only aggression was from the witches.

• 3Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
No, that never happened. The mother turned into a smoke monster and she started vaporizing mae and that's when Sol stabbed her. The Jedi never once attacked the lesbian witch coven. Koril prepared the coven for battle and when the Jedi arrived, not attacked, but arrived she sent mae to stop OSHA at all cost. She herself started fighting Sol and directed the witches to shoot arrows at them. The Jedi defended themselves. It wasn't even fighting back. Torbin blocked the arrows and Sol tried to block Koril's staff attacks. She got frustrated and yells in an angry dyke voice, "FIGHT ME!". Then she turns into mist and scoots out of there. Leaving the other lesbian witches to charm wookie Jedi and have him attack Sol and Torbin. Trinity jumps in and breaks the charm spell and the witches all fall over dead. The witches attacked. You think by just showing up, that means the Jedi were at fault? It means that that coven was a violent death cult. They were ready to kill the Jedi the first time they showed up. The only aggression was from the witches.
You should rewatch that scene, there is literally no striking, deflecting or shooting of arrows before Sol strikes the mom and we know that the smoke thing is an escape since the other witch used it in that way.
You can give Sol the benefit of the doubt and say that he didn't know and thought she was going to attack or something... but really what he saw was that she was taking Osha away and he couldn't have that and killed her.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You should rewatch that scene, there is literally no striking, deflecting or shooting of arrows before Sol strikes the mom and we know that the smoke thing is an escape since the other witch used it in that way.
You can give Sol the benefit of the doubt and say that he didn't know and thought she was going to attack or something... but really what he saw was that she was taking Osha away and he couldn't have that and killed her.
I watched that scene several times now, first of all, that is Mae in the room and Mother Anisay turns into a smoke monster and attacks Mae turning her into particles. Sol saves her life by stabbing the mom. When the mothers including Koril move in for attack, only then does Torbin blaze his lightsaber. He doesn't go after anyone. All this is defensive. The archer witches were drawing on the Jedi before anything happened. You don't draw on someone you don't intend to kill.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I watched that scene several times now, first of all, that is Mae in the room and Mother Anisay turns into a smoke monster and attacks Mae turning her into particles. Sol saves her life by stabbing the mom. When the mothers including Koril move in for attack, only then does Torbin blaze his lightsaber. He doesn't go after anyone. All this is defensive. The archer witches were drawing on the Jedi before anything happened. You don't draw on someone you don't intend to kill.
It is Mae, but you might've noticed in one for those many times that Sol calls her "Osha".
I'll just let you believe that she is desintegrating herself and the girl and whatever else.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Outside of trespassing and “illegal?“ entering of a building that was long abandoned but was currently housing a covern of squatting lesbian space witches, the Jedi showed no agression, even after one of their own was mind fucked by their leader. Sol overheard several times things that would imply the girls lives were very much in danger. During the final confrontation the girl looked like she was being vaporized and this was after arrows were drawn on them and the padawan was previously mind raped.

This entire thing was beyond stupid either way. If these retards had the power and ability to turn to smoke and travel wherever they wanted why didn’t they do it before hand? Instead they were hostile and aggressive to the Jedi from the start and at the height of the tension the leader who previously mind fucking the padawan decided to vaporize the girl right in front of the Jedis face.

Regardless of what Sols intentions were going in, what was he supposed to do here? I guess just let her be vaporized and not get involved in the first place like the Jedi Council suggested.

Which leads us back to, why the fuck were they even sent to that shitty planet for months and then told to stand down when they found the answers they were sent to find? Everything about this show sucks and the more anyone thinks about it the worse it gets.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Also, can’t Jedi feel when shit is wrong or there is a disturbance? Hasn’t all the cannon, even the shitty new shit, shown that they can sense this shit across great distances especially when it includes other force users with great M counts? Osha had the M count of Vader and she was about to be burned alive and was clearly in distress, so I imagine Sol could feel *something* was wrong, right?

• 1Like

Caliane

To this end, Headland would eventually clarify viewers’ confusion not during the episode itself, but rather a post-episode interview given to The Nerdist’s Michael Walsh.
Pressed by Walsh “When Mae asks for help Aniseya not only starts dematerializing her own body, she makes Mae turn into a a shadow as well. What can you tell us about what exactly is happening there and why?”, the showrunner explained, “Aniseya’s main concern is that violence will be used in this confrontation.”

“[Mother Aniseya actor] Jodie (Turner-Smith) and I talked about that meaning two things,” recalled Headland. “One, that Aniseya must have come from someplace that utilized violence. It’s something she would have seen when she was a child, something that she would’ve endured in her coming of age. So the main concern is obviously the safety of her children, the physical safety of them. The secondary concern is, ‘I do not want my children or my legacy to be affected by something violent. I want to remove them from whatever that is.'”

“The ‘why’ (about the dematerializing) is the first thing that Jodie and I talked about in seeding the character,” she continued. “What she is doing is what Jecki says in episode four, that it’s an honor to see anyone transform into the Force. I believe that Aniseya is transforming herself and Mae into the Force in a way that doesn’t kill them.”
vlcsnap-2024-07-11-19h31m23s372.png
I just... what the fuck?

so, the dark side witch wants to protect the child, and hates violence. dark side witch.. and does this by turning into a smoke monster. a pretty innately terrifying thing. Also, HAS the power to do this. This totally new, OP ability to turn YOUSELF and another into LIVING FORCE. what the fuck? power scaling, theme?
this is the dumb shit that gives us force gods, light whips, helicopter light sabers. Zero thought on the logic of the skills. power level. effect on the world. zero thought on the theme, or emotional ties of a power. Like, classically, mind tricks, and force push are passive, non violent Jedi powers. Lightning, choke etc are Sith. violent and angry. there is a logic in the powerset. and lightning is this holy shit balls high power move.
this retarded rule of cool, one up-manship breaks everything.

like, what would be reasonable? force hide in plain sight/invisibility. doesn't make you actually invisible. but makes living beings fail to notice you.

I personally don't mind the kungfu jedi too much.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I just... what the fuck?

so, the dark side witch wants to protect the child, and hates violence. dark side witch.. and does this by turning into a smoke monster. a pretty innately terrifying thing. Also, HAS the power to do this. This totally new, OP ability to turn YOUSELF and another into LIVING FORCE. what the fuck? power scaling, theme?
this is the dumb shit that gives us force gods, light whips, helicopter light sabers. Zero thought on the logic of the skills. power level. effect on the world. zero thought on the theme, or emotional ties of a power. Like, classically, mind tricks, and force push are passive, non violent Jedi powers. Lightning, choke etc are Sith. violent and angry. there is a logic in the powerset. and lightning is this holy shit balls high power move.
this retarded rule of cool, one up-manship breaks everything.

like, what would be reasonable? force hide in plain sight/invisibility. doesn't make you actually invisible. but makes living beings fail to notice you.

I personally don't mind the kungfu jedi too much.
it feels like a bunch of shit was thrown against the wall and Headland had to interpret it in the most off the cuff manner. oh she was one with the force so it wouldnt have counted as violence. she was just taking the daughter with her, err to travel. yeah, thats it. they were going on a trip. or if the Jedi had just minded their own fucking business and let the evil sith witches indoctrinate those innocent children, there wouldnt have been any conflicts. what kind of fucking world is this? they film these clearly contradictory and undeniably evil and malevolent acts, edit them and shove them out the door and they have no fucking idea what they did. was Headland even overseeing any of this shit? because it feels like she had nothing to do with any of it and just let a bunch of directors film loosely related vignettes and then try to tie them all together in post. thats why it destroyed overall canon and even their own new goddamned canon so blatantly.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Also, can’t Jedi feel when shit is wrong or there is a disturbance? Hasn’t all the cannon, even the shitty new shit, shown that they can sense this shit across great distances especially when it includes other force users with great M counts? Osha had the M count of Vader and she was about to be burned alive and was clearly in distress, so I imagine Sol could feel *something* was wrong, right?
These people are fucktards and can't keep their OP characters consistent. Force dyad faggotry.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like all this needs is some tastelessly written sex scenes and it would basically be stereotypical fan-fiction.

• 3Like

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like all this needs is some tastelessly written sex scenes and it would basically be stereotypical fan-fiction.

This reminded me to go search the usual places for furry fan art of the acolyte...

And GASP. There is nothing I could attribute to this show. Only generic sw stuff. You guys get off easy without a pic THIS TIME.

• 1Pathetic

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
This reminded me to go search the usual places for furry fan art of the acolyte...

And GASP. There is nothing I could attribute to this show. Only generic sw stuff. You guys get off easy without a pic THIS TIME.
Amod Amod does this count as threatening the forums with a WMD?

• 1Like