The Acolyte

Chris

Potato del Grande
How are you guys discussing this in so much detail? Are you not just watching the summary from Critical Drinker or Nerdrotic or whatever?

It's almost as if you guys paid Disney and actually watched it!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
How are you guys discussing this in so much detail? Are you not just watching the summary from Critical Drinker or Nerdrotic or whatever?

Watching Nerdrotic is probably just as gay as watching any Star Wars slop in 2024.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Watching Nerdrotic is probably just as gay as watching any Star Wars slop in 2024.
The full podcast maybe, a 10 minute video? No.

I mostly watch Critical Drinker's coverage though.

Last edited:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The full podcast maybe, a 10 minute video? No.

I mostly warch Critical Drinker's coverage though.
Nerdrotic is one of the same ole shitty type of youtubers as those defending the show. Just on the other side.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I started pirating the show after the first few episodes because I couldn't believe it could ever be as bad as everyone was saying so I had to check it out.
Turns out it is pretty bad but it has some nice ideas here and there and some characters that could be interesting but they just fumble it all the time.
Sometimes by rushing or forcing to where they want the story to go, logic be damned, and sometimes even by straight up contradicting themselves.
But I'm invested enough now that I do want to see where it goes and then reflect on the show as a whole.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Nerdrotic is one of the same ole shitty type of youtubers as those defending the show. Just on the other side.
I agree.

I think there's some salty cunt energy I can only take so much of, unsubbed from The Quartering a long time ago because of it and I don't really watch Nerdrotic either now for the same reason, I made a mistake mentioning him lol. Critical Drinker doesn't have that energy as he can write his own stuff.

They will also turn on each other like libs do, there was a schism recently in the "Fandom Menance". I missed exactly what happened but now some of the comics focused guys (Ethan van Sciver, Comics Matter /w Zach) are not talking to the tv/movie focused guys.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

i am actually watching and paying attention, but i watched other reviews of the episodes too. so if i missed anything, the videos i link here went over stuff i may have missed. it wouldnt be fair if i shit on this show and not even have seen it.

• 2Like

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider

Even long time disney schills like Angry Joe are panning this garbage hard and he's usually a Disney apologist.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Even long time disney schills like Angry Joe are panning this garbage hard and he's usually a Disney apologist.
I don't consider Angry Joe in the same group as Quartering, Nerdrotic, Mike Zeroh, etc. Other than I don't watch his shit either lol.

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
I don't consider Angry Joe in the same group as Quartering, Nerdrotic, Mike Zeroh, etc. Other than I don't watch his shit either lol.
Angry Joe is more of a hardcore fanboy than a total shill like the others.

• 1Like

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider

He's got 5 million subs so I always figured he had some sort of financial relationship with Disney. He always green lights their mediocre crap. But this time he's really giving it to this show. Maybe they broke off financial ties because he lightly panned a couple of their shows like she hulk, or he's just being honest this time because he was starting to lose some credibility with his fan base.

Juvarisx

Florida
He's got 5 million subs so I always figured he had some sort of financial relationship with Disney. He always green lights their mediocre crap. But this time he's really giving it to this show. Maybe they broke off financial ties because he lightly panned a couple of their shows like she hulk, or he's just being honest this time because he was starting to lose some credibility with his fan base.

Or he has different opinions on shit and isnt bound to hate on everything to get a view like the real grifters. The "financial" relationships the semi official channels get are sneak peaks, inside info or invites to premiers so they have a leg up on reviews and future plans and become a "trusted" source of SW or Marvel or whatever. They don't actually get checks in the mail, Disney doesn't need them that badly, its just a cheap way for them to disseminate info the the more hardcore fans in the fandoms. He was never that.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy

He's not so much a shill as he is WAY too nice to some franchises. Alex is the voice of reason on that channel and says what needs to be said.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Or he has different opinions on shit and isnt bound to hate on everything to get a view like the real grifters. The "financial" relationships the semi official channels get are sneak peaks, inside info or invites to premiers so they have a leg up on reviews and future plans and become a "trusted" source of SW or Marvel or whatever. They don't actually get checks in the mail, Disney doesn't need them that badly, its just a cheap way for them to disseminate info the the more hardcore fans in the fandoms. He was never that.
they dont get paid in the sense that they receive checks in the mail direct from Disney, but more like they get special access and perks which allows them to make more content which gets higher views. " Inside The New Disneyworld Tiana's Splash Ride YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT WE SAW" and so they get tons of views and engagement as a result which ups their montly Youtube salary by thousand or tens of thousands of dollars. now if they trash it and say the ride is a piece of shit and that Splash Mountain was much better. they will not receive future special access or goodie bags.

thats why in Jen Nicholson's Star Wars hotel video she went out of her way to tell you she paid for everything out of pocket and she shit on the whole process of failures. which then had Disney attempt to demonetize the video so she wouldnt get paid

dont be fooled. Disney very much needs these creators to hype their bullshit, even somebody like Adam The Woo who does spill the dirt when something sucks, he says it in the kindest way possible so he still gets special access to disney events which generates income for him. these people dont do this for fun. they do it because it generates income through views and engagement. "make sure you hit that LIKE button and subscribe, it helps the algorithim"

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
thats why in Jen Nicholson's Star Wars hotel video she went out of her way to tell you she paid for everything out of pocket and she shit on the whole process of failures. which then had Disney attempt to demonetize the video so she wouldnt get paid

She also mentioned something they do for the parks, but I dont think they do for the TV shows. People who are in good with Disney will say stuff like Star Wars Galaxy's Edge, or Star Wars Galactic Star Cruiser, or Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind, or any other long winded name, instead of Star Wars Land, Star Wars Hotel, Guardians Ride, etc like a normal fucking human (which is why her star wars hotel video title says star wars hotel).

I dont think any Disney show is referred to with Star Wars' or Marvel's before it, just the name, despite it being in the technical full title.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
She also mentioned something they do for the parks, but I dont think they do for the TV shows. People who are in good with Disney will say stuff like Star Wars Galaxy's Edge, or Star Wars Galactic Star Cruiser, or Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind, or any other long winded name, instead of Star Wars Land, Star Wars Hotel, Guardians Ride, etc like a normal fucking human (which is why her star wars hotel video title says star wars hotel).

I dont think any Disney show is referred to with Star Wars' or Marvel's before it, just the name, despite it being in the technical full title.
Yeah, that chick is smart as fuck, despite her gigantic plushie obsession. Sucks that her videos take so long to make, she does her research.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just here to see Chuks head explode after this final episode.
lol, i was laughing at how stupid everything was.
"set up a perimeter of 5 clicks!"
10 jedi follow the space dog instead.

stone catches fire and burns the witch compound to the fucking ground. when they return, all the stone is there like nothing happened. almost like stone can not fucking burn.

i like how everyone painted Sol as a killer and meanwhile the mother turns into a smoke monster to kill Mae.
BTW Yoda is shown from the back at the end. so they shitted him up too by having him be involved with the green dyke who covered up the whole thing and was actually Smilo Ren's trainer. there is some secret witch chilling out on "unknown planet" all of this was left open ended. we never see what happened to Mother Koril, why everyone thinks Sol did anything wrong, why OSHA did an immediate heel turn and force choked him to death, its all a mess as if the show wasnt actually completed. maybe their budget was cut before they could fill in the blanks or more likely, they had no idea how to write an ending so they cobbled this bullshit together to make it look like some kind of cliffhanger.
there was no cliffhanger and there will never be a resolution. this show was a massive flop and there will not be a season two.

i need some alcohol to make me forget this dumb shit.

-edit

At one point, mae escapes from Sol's ship by taking an escape craft and crash lands on the witch planet. But before that, for some reason Master Sol chases her into an asteroid field and turns on his targeting computer as if he was going to shoot her down. The space dog sees this and immediately decides that Sol must be evil and sabotages his ship. Why did Sol target the ship and why did the space dog just assume that Sol was going to kill Mae when he fucking well knows that Mae was the villain as he tracked her down to the Jedi wookie corpse? I hope everyone behind this gets ass cancer.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
shows over, right? i assume it was a dumpster fire finale, no i don't give a fuck about watching a critical drinker video telling me for an hour what a dumpster fire it was

next up, more Star Wars goyslop skeleton crew should be out probably Nov 2024. Its the last of the 2022 Star Wars shows announced, after that all we have left is Andor season 2 next year (final season), the Mandalorian movie, dunno if there is gonna be a Mando s4 (hope not), and Ahsoka season 2. I don't think they've announced anything else with concrete dates? I guess the Star Wars Jedi origins movie?

The only real question is whether Skeleton crew will be slightly worse or a lot worse than Acolyte, since its basically Jude Law babysitting a bunch of kids