The Acolyte

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
so, the dark side witch wants to protect the child,

Who said they were dark side? The force is not only dark or light.

like, what would be reasonable? force hide in plain sight/invisibility.

You realize that really was just a force hide, right? I know everyone has been calling it "turning into smoke" but he stabbed into the smoke and killed her. Meaning it was nothing more than a hide and he had blindsight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Yoda would have felt all the lies and bullshit the green chick was feeling and saying and would have sacked her ass

I love me some yoda, but motherfucker never detected sidious or his master. This just showed how long the jedi had been blinded by their own hubris.

Darth Plagueis, which would have been awesome to see except it makes no sense to have him there as a hermit in a hut, he was a megawealthy elitist who also had a side hobby as a Sith Lord but he wasn't crawling around caves on backwater planets.

Actually, I'm pretty sure he was conducing his experiments in caves on backwater planets. They were just planets that he owned.

So anyway he pretends to be a henchman of himself t

Except that now we know he wasn't the master.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
So, did anyone else notice how bad the body doubles were in the hand to hand fight scene of mae vs osha? I thought they let mel brooks direct an episode. They were so bad, they might have been dudes in wigs. I know you can't exactly have the actress fight herself. But didn't they have any money left in the budget for cgi?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

The show gets no ratings. The bots are hard at work trying to puff up the last episode. I mean Disney wasting more money on dumb shit that nobody wants is such a Disney move, but damn, you should have the internal viewing numbers of your own shows. if they renew this bullshit, everybody will laugh at them, even the shills. there are no positive reviews of this.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The show gets no ratings. The bots are hard at work trying to puff up the last episode. I mean Disney wasting more money on dumb shit that nobody wants is such a Disney move, but damn, you should have the internal viewing numbers of your own shows. if they renew this bullshit, everybody will laugh at them, even the shills. there are no positive reviews of this.

Just like how companies are finally firing their DEI teams which added no value after soaking up the virtue points, Disney will continue this version of virtue signaling until the coffers can no longer afford it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Who said they were dark side? The force is not only dark or light.

You realize that really was just a force hide, right? I know everyone has been calling it "turning into smoke" but he stabbed into the smoke and killed her. Meaning it was nothing more than a hide and he had blindsight.
Force hide? Sounds like the dumbest shit ever. Did you just make that up? Even if that was a thing, Sol didn't know and she was vaporizing young Mae. It's completely justified to stab a smoke monster.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Force hide? Sounds like the dumbest shit ever. Did you just make that up? Even if that was a thing, Sol didn't know and she was vaporizing young Mae. It's completely justified to stab a smoke monster.
I agree with the second part. But he was saying that the turn to smoke thing was OP and nonsensical. Even if it was just an invisibility spell, he was justified to be worried because she could have run around and stabbed them all in the back.

The closest analogs I remember to a force hide:
Using the force to blur out cams that are looking at you
using the force to deflect people's attention away from you so you can hide in crowds.
Suppressing your presence in the force so other force users can't detect you. Yoda and OB1 did this to hide from the empire. The Sith did this for centuries to hide from the jedi.
One Jedi (I think corran horn) had the ability to create realistic illusions that fooled even Jedi masters. This was an offshoot of the 'jedi mind tricks'
The Fallanasi had the ability to immerse themselves in the force making themselves invisible. I actually barely remember this one, but supposedly it was in 6 books.

So not entirely made up by me. It's got some basis in lore and is still much better than turning into a smoke monster.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I agree with the second part. But he was saying that the turn to smoke thing was OP and nonsensical. Even if it was just an invisibility spell, he was justified to be worried because she could have run around and stabbed them all in the back.

The closest analogs I remember to a force hide:
Using the force to blur out cams that are looking at you
using the force to deflect people's attention away from you so you can hide in crowds.
Suppressing your presence in the force so other force users can't detect you. Yoda and OB1 did this to hide from the empire. The Sith did this for centuries to hide from the jedi.
One Jedi (I think corran horn) had the ability to create realistic illusions that fooled even Jedi masters. This was an offshoot of the 'jedi mind tricks'
The Fallanasi had the ability to immerse themselves in the force making themselves invisible. I actually barely remember this one, but supposedly it was in 6 books.

So not entirely made up by me. It's got some basis in lore and is still much better than turning into a smoke monster.
alright, but turning into a smoke demon isnt exactly how you deflect attention. she wasnt disappearing. she just turned into a smoke demon and then started disintegrating the little girl. it wasnt even black smoke, she was being erased on a molecular scale.

and OB1 threw a rock and sent storm troopers in the other direction. they could still see him if he was in front of them. he just had them move.

• 1Worf

Burns

Go read that r/TheAcolyte sub and you will see positive reviews. I doubt they are all bots and they are just talking to themselves too much to be paid by Disney.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
Go read that r/TheAcolyte sub and you will see positive reviews. I doubt they are all bots and they are just talking to themselves too much to be paid by Disney.

Yes I'm sure it's popular with all the homosexuals on reddit. But a few thousand people aren't enough to carry a television show.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i havent done reddit in a long ass time. i dont plan to start again, but i bet none of them can understand how Master Sol was the bad guy and he did something wrong.
Yes I'm sure it's popular with all the homosexuals on reddit. But a few thousand people aren't enough to carry a television show.
200 million dollars to please a reddit group.

Burns

i havent done reddit in a long ass time. i dont plan to start again, but i bet none of them can understand how Master Sol was the bad guy and he did something wrong.

200 million dollars to please a reddit group.
Well here you go bro. HAVE YOU EVEN WATCHED ANY ACTUAL STAR WARS SHOWS BEFORE?!?!
2024-07-18 12.25.44 www.reddit.com d1913efd3431.png

• 1Worf

Burns

hehe that reddit group looks deader than this board. lol
The board looks rather active to me. The inactive ones will have posts from 2+ days ago in the top 10. The time stamps are when that was first posted, not last comment and it auto-sorts them by "Hot" which I think takes into account upvotes plus comments in the last 12 hours, maybe (some magic formula I don't care enough to look up). The first number, between the up/down arrows, are for the people that actually took the time to "like" minus the people who negged it, so a couple hundred likes in less than 24 hours is a lot.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Fanfic as written by a 3rd grader.

Ever hear a little kid tell a story that they are clearly making up as they go along? This show is exactly at that level.

Yeah, the 'pitch meeting' sketch stuff just writes itself.

'So then we're going to have this cute adorable tracker to help the Jedi find people throughout the show'
'Oh, so the Jedi can't sense other force users using the force anymore?'
'No, because he's just so cute'
'Oh, OK, great'

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
I doubt that they like the show. It’s just that everything is political, and leftist view any negative take on shows that have the “proper” representation as coming from “far right man babies”.

• 1Like