The Acolyte

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
nielsen-ratings-july-15-july-21-2024-768x418.jpg

Nielsen Ratings July 15 – July 21, 2024​

The Nielsen ratings for the week the season finale was released, July 15 – July 21 reveal The Acolyte came in at #10 with 335 minutes (millions).

Previous weeks were under that number, so we see it got a slight jump as likely more people binged some episodes along with the season finale.

However, again, The Acolyte is the lowest season finale for a Star Wars show on Disney+, so that’s not really saying much.

Star Wars Season finale ratings on Disney+​

Comparing the numbers to the other Star Wars season finales on Disney+, we also see it’s the lowest by a pretty large margin:

• Ahsoka: 575
  • Andor: 674
  • Obi-Wan: 860
  • Boba Fett: 885
  • The Mandalorian Season 3: 1012
  • Mando S2: 1336

Star Wars Disney+ Nielsen numbers​

Thanks to a Redditor, we also have some charts, which shows how badly The Acolyte has performed compared to the other Star Wars shows:
sw1.jpg

sw2.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I love the numbers on this vs. Cobra Kai, that probably cost 1/10th the budget.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

i assume thats yoda and not baby yoda or grandpa yoda or something? was he in the show? lol

skeleton crew is next, that does look a little better than acolyte but its basically kids + jude law and i think takes place post ROTJ so kinda boring timeline wise. its directed/showrun by the guy who directed all the live action Tom Holland Spidey movies though so probably will at least appeal to kids

that was just a tranny the dyke showrunner knew and who needed a job

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad this failed. They need to fail harder. Hire artists not activists.

The nepotism was just an added extra layer of fun. Good lawd that bald green alien lady could NOT act. Same issue with the main actress playing both parts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I know some "lol popcorn" (????) people here are secretly rustled.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I'm angry that the Andor season finale number above is so low. WTF

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
Ya I know some "lol popcorn" (????) people here are secretly rustled.
Doubt it. This shit was so bad I couldn't even hate watch it to the end. There's more than enough other clown shit going on retardo world to keep me entertained.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I guess in their world, Just not liking something makes it get cancelled. They spent 180 million or more on this and it still wasn't finished. and they think this was quality entertainment? It was an incoherent mess, people tuned out because because it was boring, incoherent and kept breaking its own canon. They don't know how to make a simple story. That's what Star Wars was. Good vs evil. They couldn't even do that.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Andor was fantastic, but it was extremely different than most Star Wars media (classic or current). You could literally strip away all Star Wars elements and it would still work in terms of a story.

It also started very slowly and dryly - I know a lot of people who didn’t stick through the initial 3 episodes

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Andor also released when house of the dragon s1, the boys s3, rings of power, foundation, The Bear s1, etc was airing. it was a jam packed summer time, hopefully it picked up a lot of steam from word of mouth.

Tony Gilroy is a genius anyways, he contracted for 2 full seasons get funded before he agreed and the final moments of season 2 (filming has wrapped) tie directly into the opening of Rogue One so its a complete, done story.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
As others have said, serious audiences were turned off by the sci-fi trappings, and the disposable D+ show audience were turned off by the slow pace and moral ambiguity.

Add in the mediocre quality level of the other D+ entries at the time, and the very concept (a prequel show to a prequel movie) and its not shocking most people didn't jump on Andor immediately.

Caliane

Andor would probably have done very well on HBO.

I wonder what the age range for Disney+ versus HBO is?

I can say, sure I heard good things about Andor... But I don't pay for any of these sub services. well, amazon prime..

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Literally the only thing I cared about in this show was when darth plageius showed up. Last minute of the final episode IIRC. I was hoping the wookie jedi would be cool, but that was a big fucking disappointment. I should have known as soon as I saw the manbun it was wearing.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Literally the only thing I cared about in this show was when darth plageius showed up. Last minute of the final episode IIRC. I was hoping the wookie jedi would be cool, but that was a big fucking disappointment. I should have known as soon as I saw the manbun it was wearing.
A hippy fucking wookie.

I bet they still don't understand why the show got cut.

• 1Worf

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Andor would probably have done very well on HBO.

I wonder what the age range for Disney+ versus HBO is?

I can say, sure I heard good things about Andor... But I don't pay for any of these sub services. well, amazon prime..

With all the pedos watching Disney+ and 40+ men with Yoda stuffed dolls out there, probably a big overlap.