Thor: Love and Thunder (2021)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Jesus christ someone just put an end to this shit. Why am I listening to an entire Guns And Roses album in this movie.

Because Guns N' Roses are fucking awesome?

Of all the hot takes, that one might be the worst

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm like 15 minutes in to this movie and I'm actually mad that I'm even watching it on a 2nd monitor.

This is like a fucking fan-made music video tribute to a Marvel movie, and then it hard cuts to Star Wars chick dying of cancer?

BUT OH WAIT EVEN THE CANCER IS A JOKE, LOLOL IT'S ONLY STAGE 4 GUYS...YEA OUT OF 4 JANE.

Jesus christ someone just put an end to this shit. Why am I listening to an entire Guns And Roses album in this movie.
maybe stage 4 cancer can visit the person who wrote that as a joke.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Everyone leaping to Guns n Roses defense like:

maxresdefault.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Whenever Ragnarok is on I have to mute it when it starts playing Immigrant Song. What kind of faggots listen to Led Zeppelin?

Ruined the whole movie for me

Last edited:
  • 6Worf
  • 4Pathetic
  • 4WTF
Reactions: 16 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched it last night so it only cost me the D+ subscription fee. Its not good. That being said, whomever said it was worse than Captain Marvel is trolling or has really shitty taste.
Bale is quite good, but I expect him to be. The goats were good. After Bale they might be the best thing about the movie. i actually sort of enjoyed the scattergun Mjolnir effect. I like that Jane Foster dies. The premise of having female Thor because its either that or die from cancer was not what I was expecting. I thought Jane was just replacing Thor from the previews. The Thor or die idea worked for me.

Rest of the shit was just uneven and not well done. Immigrant song in Ragnarok works. In both scenes. I enjoy GnR, but the songs didnt fit the scenes in my opinion. I am in the camp here of too much comedy, not properly used. All-in-all it just didnt seem like a superhero movie. i wont beat the dead horse of gayness for gayness sake.

its bad. But it definitely isn't Captain Marvel bad. I am on the edge about it being worse than Thor 2.

• 4Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This was more of a fantasy movie than a superhero movie. It was like a Masters of the Universe cartoon, like Taika Waititi thought "I wanna make a He-Man movie from the 80s but all I've got is this Thor IP."

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Everyone leaping to Guns n Roses defense like:

maxresdefault.jpg
Hey dummy. No one has to leap to defend appetite for destruction. It's perhaps the greatest hard rock album ever.

You however need to put your padded helmet back on.

• 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The worse you feel about the movie the happier you should be about Guns N' Roses. Worst case scenario, you just close your eyes.

If you don't like GNR, then fuck your opinion anyways

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
GnR got me sent home from school, then suspended because i had a back patch on my jean jacket with:

34425c6b-9cd6-46f1-9aa5-ae1faeee2bcc-2060x2060.jpeg

It took them 2 months to notice the titty. This was like 8th grade. Lol

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I think this might be the best romcom ever made. Can anyone think of a better one?

• 1Seriously?

Fadaar

That guy
Watched this last night finally. Wasn't that bad but as everyone else has said too much comedy in poorly timed places. Movie also seemed super rushed, but considering how disappointing it was overall maybe for the better it was kept short.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, maybe because my expectations were pretty low after reading this thread, I didn't find it to be putrid, but it was entirely forgettable and didn't balance the differing tones at all. Really hated the idea of Thor-ifying all the kids at the end and Gorr felt like he was barely in the film which is such a waste.