Thor: Love and Thunder (2021)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Thinking about it, this could have been an easy 10/10 if they just replaced Portman with Jeff Goldblum

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Juvarisx

Florida
And Valkryie with Ragnorok Hulk.

I dont even have an issue with her really, I liked her well enough in Ragnarok.

I agree with having pre merge Hulk though, maybe have the Olympus story turn out a little different by having Zeus make Hercules tag along to asses the danger of Gorr. Could have had some funny / serious and also action scenes when he and Thor don't get along during their adventure. Have Hulk beat the banana's out of both of them on top of it.

Thor / Old Hulk / Valk / Herc would have been interesting though its a lot of melee and not a lot of magic which is why Loki worked so well in the Revengers.

fris

Vyemm Raider
the original workprint of the movie was 4 hours long, there are extensive long Gorr sequences like he kills a goddess played by Lena Headley (Cersei), he kills the dwarf Etri played by Peter Dinklage, he kills the Grandmaster played by Jeff Goldblum, on and on. That shit woulda been amazing instead of the retarded cancer or kids powered up stuff. All the kids in the "we are all Thor" scenes were kids of the cast and crew so you know the second that got filmed there was no way it was ever getting cut, how the fuck would you explain to your kids "you were great but we had to remove you from the movie" lol

I doubt we'll ever see any of that sadly, I don't think any CGI was done and Waititi is not the kind of director to do directors cuts.

which is weird i thought Grandmaster and his brother the Collector were immortal and unkillable but i don't really know their lore at all
It's a shame, I'm sure the typical 3 hour length would have been amazing

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
iu
You'll be back on your knees in no time.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This movie's entertaining if you go in expecting 2/5 stars.

I watched it last Sunday and it was the perfect fit for empty entertainment that doesn't take itself seriously. Glad I didn't go in expecting much. People hate this movie!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that movie is simply amazing. Nicholson hit it so far out of the park with that role, if he already wasnt a massive screen legend at that point it would be his greatest role. there is no way in fucking hell groundhog day compares to it. not even a little bit.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
that movie is simply amazing. Nicholson hit it so far out of the park with that role, if he already wasnt a massive screen legend at that point it would be his greatest role. there is no way in fucking hell groundhog day compares to it. not even a little bit.

1479206864-donald-trump-wrong.gif

Groundhog day is one of the all time greatest movies.

As Good As It Gets was a "good" movie that most people forget even existed

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I like both, so I won't comment. How do you rate two masterpieces? I like that As Good as it Gets is unintentionally funny, while trying to make the liberals of the world hate Jack, but it's a damn amusing ride.

Groundhog Day is great. The only thing I don't like is the stupid stuffed puppet groundhog. Oh well, the rest of the movie offsets that. And I give Groundhog day a bonus point because it indirectly inspired Edge of Tomorrow, which is also great. I can't choose a best, though.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Jerry McGuire is also a more famous romcom which really isnt that funny. that doesnt make it better.

Groundhog Day is more of a pure comedy which is based on a witch's curse becaus Murray used her for a pump and dump . Phil really only initially wanted to fuck Andie Mcdowell and then drop her, but he couldnt have her because she was better than him. it didnt stop him from trying over and over with different pickup lines and tricks. he played Nancy and that was easy for him because she was a moron, but Andie Mcdowell wasnt buying it. so as the movie played out he grew to love her but she really didnt care that much about him til the last quarter of the movie, then he started trying to become a better overall person and then he got her attention, when he did everything right the curse was lifted. and i'm just going to say it. Murray deadpans a lot of that movie so its hard to get a read on his feelings. we are talking romcoms here.

As Good As It Gets is a complex film about a man dealing with his severe OCD which makes him act erratically, part of his routine is eating lunch at the same coffee shop with the same waitress taking his order every day. he isnt interested in fucking the waitress, he just wants her taking his order because if she doesnt it screws him up. then her kid has health problems which means she misses work and is not able to take his order. he realizes he needs her there, but he also realizes he cares about her as a woman but cant admit it because of his tough exterior. anyway. lots of comedy happens in between . the waitress is taken aback when Nicholson sends his personal physician to her apartment to treat her kid and she has to come to grips with the fact she is touched by the gesture and is super lonely herself so her emotions are all out of control. she isnt a one dimensional mcguffin to be obtained by doing sidequests every day. she is a real person and we see things from her PoV. along with all that they throw in the gay guy who has failed at his career and has to beg for money from his parents. he also is a well fleshed out character and not a sidequest for Nicholson to achieve. when Nicholson becomes a better man, you see the realistic progression of a man with deep feelings doing the best he can with the real condition he has. you can try to play the popularity card, but As Good As It Gets is a deep emotional film and a VERY rare romcom that is a man's film about a man.

see, you got me being real here, not my usual shitposting style. thats how strongly i feel about this film

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They're both great films but AGAIG is more of a romantic dramedy. If you're more in the mood for a comedy, Groundhog's Day fits the bill much better.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They're both great films but AGAIG is more of a romantic dramedy. If you're more in the mood for a comedy, Groundhog's Day fits the bill much better.
yes, its more of a pure comedy. i prefer films that make me feel something towards the characters and i leave the theater thinking about it for a while. AGAIG is a very relatable film and as i said, its actually a romcom that men can see in themselves. so many of those films are about guys you never met before, either they are 100% wonderful or they are 100% assholes. Jack Nicholson starts off as a deeply flawed character and remains deeply flawed even at the end of the movie after he got the girl. it also suggests that he will at some point fuck everything up because of it. he's just doing better and better was good enough for Helen Hunt to be with him. Bill Murray literally has to become a perfect person in order to get the girl and beat the groundhog day curse. and yeah, i'm not trying to put GD down, its a great comedy, ive seen it a bunch of times and i consider it a classic comedy, i just dont see anything like that ever happening to me. whereas i think most of our relationships with women share aspects from AGAIG.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The fuck is going on here?

Grown gaming masculine powerhouses discussing which is the best Rom Com?

Also, in case you all forgot...

mary-2.jpg

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users