Throne and Liberty (Formerly Project TL)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Is this a game that can be enjoyed and bypass all pvp?
100%. All the "PvP" world bosses also have non-PvP versions that spawn. PvP just means you get "more" bosses/day.

There are "open world" dungeons that have really great soilent drops(think gold from WoW, silver from Lost Ark, etc.) and random gear drops, but you're limited to how much bonus loot you can get out of them/day. At night, those flip over to PvP-enabled. A guild can wipe out everyone inside and effectively make the dungeon "theirs" for the night cycle, since it locks you from entering once it turns night. But a night cycle is 1 hour, day cycle is 4 hours.

The whole idea behind the "open world dungeons" versus your typical instance dungeons is really cool and they both offer different things.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This is a pretty fun game, though combat leaves a bit to be desired. The world though is pretty good, dungeons are fine, bosses, fine, pvx is fun. Good base game.

If anyone is picking up free tomorrow though I hope you've spent hours researching exactly what class/build you want to play, because this is the most punishing, locked in mmo I've ever fucking seen. Want to switch from GS/SS to Wand/SS? Fuck you! You've wasted all your books leveling GS skills. Want to completely switch both roles? Ha! Fuck you! All the books and points only come in #'s from the MSQ which you used to pump your original build.

"Make an alt". Great! Leveling is really fast here so nbd right? Well, did you stupidly buy the BP on your original class? LOL! Buy it again bitch. Buy the leveling express deal for more leveling materials? LOL fuck you! Nothing is shared by account. It's fucking awful - what if you decide you want to go ranged dps as it's more fun but started as a healer? You're fucked. You technically can switch weapons/builds, but by that point the power descrepancy is enormous. Even if you save "some of your mats", you're far better off pumping the og class and getting skills purple.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This is a pretty fun game, though combat leaves a bit to be desired. The world though is pretty good, dungeons are fine, bosses, fine, pvx is fun. Good base game.

If anyone is picking up free tomorrow though I hope you've spent hours researching exactly what class/build you want to play, because this is the most punishing, locked in mmo I've ever fucking seen. Want to switch from GS/SS to Wand/SS? Fuck you! You've wasted all your books leveling GS skills. Want to completely switch both roles? Ha! Fuck you! All the books and points only come in #'s from the MSQ which you used to pump your original build.

"Make an alt". Great! Leveling is really fast here so nbd right? Well, did you stupidly buy the BP on your original class? LOL! Buy it again bitch. Buy the leveling express deal for more leveling materials? LOL fuck you! Nothing is shared by account. It's fucking awful - what if you decide you want to go ranged dps as it's more fun but started as a healer? You're fucked. You technically can switch weapons/builds, but by that point the power descrepancy is enormous. Even if you save "some of your mats", you're far better off pumping the og class and getting skills purple.
I've seen this complaint a lot and I don't really get it.

What are people expecting? What other MMO can you level to cap as a Paladin, decide you don't like it, and then instantly swap to a Ranger, then a Warrior, then a Wizard, etc.?

The reality is that you have to roll an "alt" (which is literally how almost EVERY MMO works) so that you have access to all the mats they give you while leveling, or you have to slowly just grind out daily/weekly/etc. books and use them on the new weapon you want to "swap" to. But, you keep all of your old progress on the other weapon's passive traits, active traits, etc. It's literally the FF14 job system.

Whiners gonna whine, I guess..

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can transfer skill exp I think, there are coupons for it.

No clue about weapon mastery stuff though, seems mostly from dailies(contracts).

And if you level up one weapon, can you transfer the exp to another if you really did want to switch? Obviously if you would never transfer down a grade, as that is a big waste of mats.
Otherwise I assume you just have to farm all the gemstones and such again. Or farm parchment to make more spell books.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So right now the Infinity Gate is fucked up because the bosses have some sort of min damage mitigation (????) that makes it so fast hitting, small attacks do literally 0, yes ZERO, damage. My crossbow/bow combo can't do shit because it's just getting like 50% reduced overall and it's complete horseshit. Meanwhile my guildmates with 2hand sword and wand/sword are #1 on the leaderboards breezing through it. It's really fucked. I tried looking up on google the exact debuff "Gate's Mana" but it doesn't even show up in a fucking google search except for some patch notes that don't explain what it does. Really sucks.

Blueweed

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You can transfer skill exp I think, there are coupons for it.

No clue about weapon mastery stuff though, seems mostly from dailies(contracts).

And if you level up one weapon, can you transfer the exp to another if you really did want to switch? Obviously if you would never transfer down a grade, as that is a big waste of mats.
Otherwise I assume you just have to farm all the gemstones and such again. Or farm parchment to make more spell books.
you can only transfer once and that weapon you transfer the exp to cannot do so anymore