Weight Loss Thread

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Yea, it was just an "arbitrary" number I picked based on estimating my macro needs and shooting for under that. I've seen lots of diet plans that shoot for .5g/lb carb goals, and this is less than .6g/lb I think it's will be easier to keep my calories in check if I'm measuring/counting my carbs.

Pretty much every single time I've "broken" my diet, calorie wise, it was because I consumed large amounts of carbs that threw in a ton of calories that day.
you're intermittent fasting already, just go to reddit.com/r/leangains read all the information there and use a macro calculator and carb cycle properly. Higher fats on non training days, higher carbs after you workout. It's not rocket science

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I will look up carb cycling with IF, Even though I can see I've made great gains over time, I am still not anywhere close to where I want to be, but honestly people like yourself posting pics serves as an inspiration that I just need to put more effort into it.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
you're intermittent fasting already, just go to reddit.com/r/leangains read all the information there and use a macro calculator and carb cycle properly. Higher fats on non training days, higher carbs after you workout. It's not rocket science
Man.. I should follow this and see if it actually works for me. Seems like a lot of calories on training days.

Protein Carbs Fat Calories

141 g 91 g 121 g 2,018 kcal (Rest Days)

141 g 489 g 72 g 3,172 kcal (Training Days)

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are you hurting your social and financial self just to satisfy your psychological need for control?

You MIGHT have a problem.

I also spent 60,000 one year on webcam girls... so I'm not saying that I don't have problems, I'm just saying that that's the line in the sand where you have to ask yourself if you need to make a change...

And yes, I stopped doing that (except rarely, very rarely, but it might have been a few hundred last year at the most)... Same with controlling your diet, not everything has to be cold turkey if it's hurting you... just recognize that if it's hurting other aspects of your life, maybe you can ease off of it for a while.
It's not. My social and financial self are perfectly fine lol.

For reference, I'm on a cut eating over 200 carbs a day. "Low carb" is certainly a relative term, because this is low carb for me. I was eating 500-600/day months prior.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Convo: Those training days contain -hours- of working out. Like not one or two, but 3+. If you have that kind of time to devote to it, then by all means follow that plan. But yeah, 1150 extra calories compared to a rest day is a shitload and a half for someone whose job isn't lifting weights/doing cardio.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Speaking of looking sad, figured I would solicit some responses from other folks who have lost weight. The primary question is how long did it take you to develop a positive self image after weight loss, if ever? Did you do anything specific to help?
Positive self image? What kind of hippy bullshit...

I'm the same person at 190 that I was at 410+. I lost the weight because my health was absolute shit and I felt like I was going to die if something didn't change. But, I never had a "negative self image". I have no idea what the fuck that even means, bro.

I am worried that I will always find something wrong no matter how much progress I make and will end up sabotaging myself.

My first thought was it related to converting from my previous instant gratification lifestyle to goals that take years to unfold. Perhaps learning to let go of week to week failures (not losing expected weight) and concentrating more on the longer term.
What. The. Actual. Fuck.

You have issues that are not related to your body. I don't know what to tell you, bro. But that shit isn't healthy and it sounds like it's holding you back.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I am hoping I don't need constant encouragement to feel normal. As a grown man, that feels wrong, yay stereotyping.

I will have to check out body dysmorphia and do some reading. Seems promising and connects a few dots being related to social anxiety and such.
That's a good idea.

Also, you should look at the people you interact with every day. Some of them might be incredibly toxic and you don't realize / ignore it. Who are the people complimenting you? Are they doing other things that create a net deficit elsewhere? Where is this negativity you feel coming from?

That's one of the reasons I don't post here as much as I used to. Most of the people on this forum are toxic as fuck. If you have ever played League of Legends then you'll know the best thing to do is cut people like that out of your life and move on. It's not worth carrying shitty people around with you.

I hope you get this figured out, bro. Good luck!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Are you hurting your social and financial self just to satisfy your psychological need for control?

You MIGHT have a problem.

I also spent 60,000 one year on webcam girls... so I'm not saying that I don't have problems, I'm just saying that that's the line in the sand where you have to ask yourself if you need to make a change...

And yes, I stopped doing that (except rarely, very rarely, but it might have been a few hundred last year at the most)... Same with controlling your diet, not everything has to be cold turkey if it's hurting you... just recognize that if it's hurting other aspects of your life, maybe you can ease off of it for a while.
Who wants to start a pool on how many months/years need to pass before the cops find out how many women Antarius has buried in his basement.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Who wants to start a pool on how many months/years need to pass before the cops find out how many women Antarius has buried in his basement.
? Why do you think I would kill women? Not that this belongs in this thread, or even in this sub forum, which is supposed to be [serious]...

Unrelated: Just found out today that one of the side effects of taking Yohimbe is water retention, since I've been taking it regularly for 8 weeks or so now, I expect to have a "woosh" when I go off it in another 2 weeks or so (2 bottles worth), my size 34 pants are already starting to feel loose, I guess I might finally be able to fit down to a size 32? Seems crazy, I haven't been that size since I was 14 or so.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Pretty stoked, milestone #2 officially achieved today. After #1 I decided I would get into the 170s and compete in a BJJ tournament. I competed with a bunch of folks from my gym today and went 1 - 2 in the Masters Mixed 150 - 163 lb division. Mixed means blue and white belts together in this case to fill out the bracket. I ended up losing to the same blue belt twice and got fourth. Since I was such a chicken and took so long to complete, I exceeded my weight goal and came in at 163 lbs.

I made a quick composite of my timeline for the past year in picture format. My midsection still needs the most work. While my upper body is doing pretty good at tightening up I still have some work on the stomach 'floppyness'. Tried to work on my posture as well.

My next goal is getting to ~8% body fat which is around 155ish if the BodPod is accurate. At that point I want to just maintain for another year or so. Allegedly, after that time period my body will have absorbed around 80% of the skin it ever will and I can figure out where to go next.

rrr_img_95035.jpg

Chris

Potato del Grande
Pretty stoked, milestone #2 officially achieved today. After #1 I decided I would get into the 170s and compete in a BJJ tournament. I competed with a bunch of folks from my gym today and went 1 - 2 in the Masters Mixed 150 - 163 lb division. Mixed means blue and white belts together in this case to fill out the bracket. I ended up losing to the same blue belt twice and got fourth. Since I was such a chicken and took so long to complete, I exceeded my weight goal and came in at 163 lbs.

I made a quick composite of my timeline for the past year in picture format. My midsection still needs the most work. While my upper body is doing pretty good at tightening up I still have some work on the stomach 'floppyness'. Tried to work on my posture as well.

My next goal is getting to ~8% body fat which is around 155ish if the BodPod is accurate. At that point I want to just maintain for another year or so. Allegedly, after that time period my body will have absorbed around 80% of the skin it ever will and I can figure out where to go next.

rrr_img_95035.jpg
Wow! How did you do this?

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wow! How did you do this?
In the beginning, I did 'odder' stuff that caught my interest (Bulletproof Coffee, DDP Yoga). When I felt more socially acceptable a little before Milestone #1, I joined a combat gym and started Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. By that time, I had isolated that I enjoyed being on a Ketogenic diet (high fat, low carb) as opposed to any of the offshoots. From there on out it was just rigorous tracking of my intake via MyFitnessPal and following / developing my custom spreadsheets because I am a nerd.

I guess the cliff notes are found a diet I liked, found exercise that didn't feel like exercise, and tracked everything even when it was upsetting.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Pretty cool.

Given the muscle you added, it's kind of amazing how well the 40-50 pounds of fat from the 200 picture is hidden. I would have thought it'd be more noticeable after losing that much. I guess your waist is a lot slimmer in the last pics, though.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
You look a lot better in the final pics because you're not slouching, in addition to the weight loss and muscle gain. It's amazing how proper posture can improve appearance.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
You still have ear gauges, so you're not quite done.

But seriously, great job. And that origin pic is only ~213 lbs? You look quite a bit heavier than that.