[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
You tapped out on rare mobs and treasures?
How much GR can you get from Rares? While leveling, I crushed most rares I came across and did not get GR at all or very little. Is that just for second kills or something? I am in the same boat as Kreugen where I seem to be at a stale mate with my GR resources from just depending on missions.

Vitality

HUSTLE
How much GR can you get from Rares? While leveling, I crushed most rares I came across and did not get GR at all or very little. Is that just for second kills or something? I am in the same boat as Kreugen where I seem to be at a stale mate with my GR resources from just depending on missions.
From my experience the rare mobs (skull on minimap) drop 14GR each and GR specific treasures (usually caches drop between 20 and 50)

There are quest chains that reward 50gr as well.

As said before garrison resource follower missions are best done with your follower that is traited for additional resources (can get close to 120 at certain mission levels with the bonus)

Trade post pumps 6 work orders a day for ~180 GR/day

Garrison chest is something around 120/day (unsure on the exact values for this one)

300/day from those two a lone - additional 100-200 from follower missions put you at 500/day. So it's not all that bad if you keep up on it for a few days.

ubiquitrips

Yeah, I am going to demo the Inn when I get home and make a Tradepost. The Inn is only useful to me when it is level 2, which I need Garrison level 3 to get the blueprint for anyway, I think.

Vitality

HUSTLE
The inn is pretty good if you don't have followers with particular traits. Like if you haven't found an epic mount trait or mission resource boost trait.

The tradepost takes some cost management (converting gold into garrison resources by buying the daily mat) but it's a pretty decent passive GR generator.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
My problem is low level followers and not enough missions to send them on. You don't get XP from a mission more than 3 levels above the follower so you have to wait ages for low level shit to show up to get them some XP. It's frustrating because I rolled three epic followers with absolutely perfect synergy, but I can't use two of them for the rare 100 missions because they're level 94 and 95.

I have a Human follower with Divine Shield, Divine Storm, Ally of Argus, Burst of Power, and Dwarvenborn.
A Draenei follower with Counter Shot, Freezing Trap, Tailoring, Demonslayer, and Humanist.
A Dwarf follower with Feign Death, Disengage, Canine Companion, High Stamina, and Humanist.

That's six different counters available for a three person mission, and a minimum of five trait bonuses on every single mission. The Apexis Crystal mission is always demons so I'd get six for that one.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think one main problem with the follower system now is it seems to base the missions off the level of your highest follower. So if you pick up a higher level follower from a zone while questing your older followers now get mission starved as people level way faster than you can possibly level all your followers. I fear once I hit 100 there are going to be a lot of my old followers who are going to take a really long time to get caught back up to speed.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think for the next patch or hotfix I would like if they can do it to make the missions you are offered based on the average level of your followers not the maximum level and that should offer a good variety of choices and still allow you to level up a lot of your guys normally.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I think one main problem with the follower system now is it seems to base the missions off the level of your highest follower. So if you pick up a higher level follower from a zone while questing your older followers now get mission starved as people level way faster than you can possibly level all your followers. I fear once I hit 100 there are going to be a lot of my old followers who are going to take a really long time to get caught back up to speed.
You still get a fat chunk of base xp even if you fail a mission, I just power level my low lvl shitters with a guy that has +% group base xp trait. Usually just toss away a level 96 or 97 group mission to PL the lower guys.

no big deal really.

ubiquitrips

Hearing about these various traits makes me sad. My main has no followers with epic mount, scavenger, or really anything of substantial value. I also seem to be rolling in quests that require dispel magic yet only have one follower with the skill. He is gainfully employed. I have been starting up the 'blow through missions' bandwagon via TeamViewer at work so hopefully when I start getting the greens to blue / purple I will get some love.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If they are too low (red number?) they get no XP I believe.

What happens to your mission levels if you bench your high level followers and then wait for a refresh? I'm not sure it even works that way - I think you have to clear out your crop of missions first, yeah?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've had more missions show up while not doing any missions(and still having some in the list to do).

Malkav

French Madman
If they are too low (red number?) they get no XP I believe.

What happens to your mission levels if you bench your high level followers and then wait for a refresh? I'm not sure it even works that way - I think you have to clear out your crop of missions first, yeah?
I made the error of buying the Frostwolf rep follower as soon as I could get...so I ended up with a lvl100 follower while I was around lvl95.
It's a fucking pain in the ass because most missions don't refresh if you don't use them, so for a long time I had like 80% lvl100 missions that were not useable.

That and the shitty 10 hours missions that give like 800xp and 60gold. Seriously, what the fuck?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
That and the shitty 10 hours missions that give like 800xp and 60gold. Seriously, what the fuck?
The ten hour missions are for people that aren't around a computer for that amount of time, or otherwise can't or don't want to log in. Unless I'm missing something, it makes more sense to send my guys on a 10 hour mission when I'll be on campus all day.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Or you do them with 2x epic mounts and they only take 2.5 hours. I've been lucky the past couple days because the abilities I've needed to counter on the long ones have matched my epic mount dudes.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Or when you go to bed. With the mount dudes, you can cut the time in half or more(they stack).

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
You still get a fat chunk of base xp even if you fail a mission, I just power level my low lvl shitters with a guy that has +% group base xp trait. Usually just toss away a level 96 or 97 group mission to PL the lower guys.

no big deal really.
Actually it appears there was an issue where if a mission was three levels higher than a follower they got zero xp from it even if they succeeded. They apparently fixed that but its fixed in that if a mission is three + levels higher that follower gets 10% of the xp listed. I am almost 100 and I still have like half my followers in the low 90s and as soon as I pick up one of the level 100 nagrand followers leveling up the low level guys is going to be a pain in the butt.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Or when you go to bed. With the mount dudes, you can cut the time in half or more(they stack).
I feel like the people questioning the ten hour missions have yet to actually take a ten hour break from WoD since launch.