World of Warcraft: Current Year

DavivMcD

Peasant
Not that the books give a good excuse for this storyline anyway. Thrall promotes a hot-headed, inexperienced, emo orc to leader of the Horde, AFTER he tried to kill Thrall once already. Pretty much first thing he does as Warchief is kill Thrall's BFF Cairne, and Thrall is cool with it and goes off to Outland to make brown babies. That was the 'Cataclysm' novel.

Fast forward in Garrosh's term as Warchief, and surprise surprise he has been a bad boy. Seized the power of an Old God's heart in an attempt to annihilate both Horde and Alliance, plus pandas. AND NOBODY GIVES ENOUGH OF A FUCK TO KILL HIM WHEN THEY GET THE CHANCE. The ONLY possible reason he was allowed to live at the end of Pandaria was to give him a chance to escape and set up the Iron Horde nonsense.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Common sense expansions:
Nazjatar/Emerald Dream Old Gods based.
Portal Worlds/Argus Burning Legion based.

Probably won't be those then.
How about a phased invasion of Azeroth by Burning Legion AKA Cataclysm 2?
South Seas expac boiiiiiiiii

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Fast forward in Garrosh's term as Warchief, and surprise surprise he has been a bad boy. Seized the power of an Old God's heart in an attempt to annihilate both Horde and Alliance, plus pandas. AND NOBODY GIVES ENOUGH OF A FUCK TO KILL HIM WHEN THEY GET THE CHANCE. The ONLY possible reason he was allowed to live at the end of Pandaria was to give him a chance to escape and set up the Iron Horde nonsense.
To be fair, Thrall tried to smash Garrosh's head like a melon at the end of MoP, but Wrynn saved him. Still stupid and I hope to god we don't get more orcs next expansion.

Maybe it'll focus on undead again, and we can get undead Garrosh as a main villain.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We still need to travel to Timeline B's Azeroth in order to get this expansion's Onyxia Fight.

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So they will come out with a new expansion that includes:

1. 5-10 more levels
2. 6 new exciting zones to level through.
3. 3 more factions that have more toys, pets and mounts, because 200+ mounts that can only be used one at a time is just not enough.
4. A new Garrison that continues from the other garrison that is actually still viable for gold(Unless we nerf that).
5. This time its Trolls. Orcs were great but we missed Trolls.
6. Flying, but you have to be max level and exalted with the 3 new factions while having fished up the unicorn fish while collecting 300 new treasures. These requirements are important because they have everything to do with flying.
7. Exciting new gear with higher stats and one useless one. None of it will actually look good.
8. More profession recipes that everyone can make but you can only use 2 of them. 3 was too powerful.

If the expansion is close to the bullshit I just typed, I am out for good.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
No, inside info says this expansion turns wow into a skill-based permadeath sandbox FFA PVP game with no raiding or instances and 100% crafted equipment.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I for one am very excited for a new expansion that I can complain about a few months after its release even if it turns out okay.

Inque

FunEmployed
Prediction: Stromgarde, Future Troll patch involving Arathi and Forbidding Sea involving Arathor. Let's see what they got...

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Fuck it, I'll go all in. I think there's a 0% chance the next expansion is a continuation of this alternate timeline.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It was also heavily suggested that garrisons will not be in the next expansion. They didn't even want to continue archaeology from Cat. They want expansion-only features so they don't have to cram them on top of everything else they want to do with expansion features.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe they'll just reskin WOTLK cause that would still be better than WoD.

Gonna really try not to get too excited.

Also praying fucking really hard that garrisons are just completely gone. Followers are cool in a some capacity in capital cities, but player housing doesn't float my boat. Having a house in real life is good enough for me.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm all in on the hype. The game is what it is. At this point you know what you're gonna get, and you either enjoy that or you don't.

I'm already looking forward to the cinematic reveal and release date announcement at Blizzcon.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'm all in on the hype. The game is what it is. At this point you know what you're gonna get, and you either enjoy that or you don't.

I'm already looking forward to the cinematic reveal and release date announcement at Blizzcon.
I DON'T ENJOY IT!

But really though, the genre is pretty dry, hope it turns out to be amazing.