Borderlands

Fucker

Log Wizard
Cats has better reviews than this. The original writer wanted his name off the production so they put in a fake name.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Cats has better reviews than this. The original writer wanted his name off the production so they put in a fake name.

Nah he got his name off completely and didn't have to use a pseudonym. It was Craig Mazin (Last of Us, Chernobyl) and it was one of the most coveted scripts in Hollywood at the time. Eli Roth rewrote so much he was like fuck this shit and got it all wiped.

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What did they expect? They cast grannies for Lilith and Tannis, and a manlet for Roland. I'm a fan of the Borderlands games (mostly BL2 + xpacs), and you couldn't pay me to watch this.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
1723423974182.png

I'll assume the $4m is opening day, as we've already seen indicators of a $8-9m opening weekend?

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I also vaguely remember the Jumanji spin-off that was a space game and it had that guy from Idiocracy who was the space captain or something. I think it also had the girl from the stupid vampire Twilight shit. That one was pretty bad.
Zathura. I disagree, I thought it was pretty good for what it was. It was certainly no Jumanji, but it had some charm to it, and this was before Kristen Stewart became a cunt. I rewatched it in the past year or two and it was decent. Not saying to rush out and watch it or anything, but it was fine.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Zathura. I disagree, I thought it was pretty good for what it was. It was certainly no Jumanji, but it had some charm to it, and this was before Kristen Stewart became a cunt. I rewatched it in the past year or two and it was decent. Not saying to rush out and watch it or anything, but it was fine.
That's the one. You're right it wasn't bad, but it just seemed like a rehash of Jumanji with a different coat of paint. Movie has to be 20 or more years old at this point, and it's probably even better on a current viewing when compared to modern Hollywood.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That's the one. You're right it wasn't bad, but it just seemed like a rehash of Jumanji with a different coat of paint. Movie has to be 20 or more years old at this point, and it's probably even better on a current viewing when compared to modern Hollywood.
That was what it was supposed to be. They wanted Jumanji in space to build off it's popularity.

• 1Like

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Is this the first movie thread on this board that couldnt get anyone to go see the movie?

That's fucking impressive

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Shmoopy

Man this shaping up to be a historic bomb.

Only 16 million world wide on an estimated $150 million budget plus advertising.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Only 16 million world wide on an estimated $150 million budget plus advertising.

The biggest downside to all this is that they will blame the failure on the Borderlands IP and not their shitty decisions. Which will lead to them falling back on remakes and shit instead of trying more new stuff. Could Borderlands be made into a good movie? Definitely. Just be faithful to the damn IP.

• 2Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Gold Donor>

Kevin Smith had a blubbering soy boy meltdown over Zack & Miri making 10 mill opening weekend and that only had a 24 mill budget.

In comparison one would think Eli Roth would be looking to eat his own bullet.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Kevin Smith had a blubbering soy boy meltdown over Zack & Miri making 10 mill opening weekend and that only had a 24 mill budget.

In comparison one would think Eli Roth would be looking to eat his own bullet.
I've got something for him...
walter matthau cooking GIF by Laff

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users