Dave Chappelle

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Equanimity was slightly better but not much. These 2 specials were pretty weak. Also tired of getting a civil rights history lesson in each one.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Sticks n Stones is beautifully crafted,

it wasn't funny the whole time, but made a true and real comedy special, not unlike all this shit thats been released in the past 10 years.

this was 10x better than his previous 2

probably? almost as good as eddies delirious and rocks bigger/blacker.

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
He came out pretty hard against the Lavender Mafia, they don't play nice. But he lives in Ohio and has 'fuck you' money, so what does he care. A+ not just for the laughs, but for the middle finger to most of them as need it.

Caliane

audience has tds

Trump!?

I will say, Dave seems to have a problem separating the wheat from the chaff, when it comes to the peanut gallery. Its the dogpiling concept. You have 100,000 followers, and 100 critics. And then, you have 10,000 comments, and only those 100 critics talk shit nonstop. So those 100 assholes drown out everyone else, and thats all you hear. To him, it seems like all 100,000 are speaking in unison against him. When its really not. You have to keep in mind the Audience, and commentators are 100,000 individuals, who are NOT a collective group.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This last one was pretty good. Not "He rapes but he saves" funny. But good.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I will say, Dave seems to have a problem separating the wheat from the chaff, when it comes to the peanut gallery. Its the dogpiling concept. You have 100,000 followers, and 100 critics. And then, you have 10,000 comments, and only those 100 critics talk shit nonstop. So those 100 assholes drown out everyone else, and thats all you hear. To him, it seems like all 100,000 are speaking in unison against him. When its really not. You have to keep in mind the Audience, and commentators are 100,000 individuals, who are NOT a collective group.
I don't think he needs to specify that, though. We all know who is and isn't the problem here. Anyway, I've been told I can skip this by one of our moral authorities.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
vice is a great example of "get woke, go broke". The founders were all fratbro's who taped pieces on how doing cocaine in the jungles of columbia was great for banging 3 hookers at once, and then they all got fired a few years later for sexual harrassment (lol). The replacements all were super woke and shifted the site to literally "don't do bad stuff cuz its all racist and sexist, mmmkk". The valuation of the company has gone from $5.7 billion two years ago down to under $1.5 billion now.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

He has had that name tag and look since his show - don't know if its always been a 1 piece baby romper, but the general prison meets military meets ghetto look he has had for awhile.

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's pretty funny, besides Dave basically always defending any Black Man (not even black women) down the line because of slavery/evil white people, it's pretty enjoyable. Dave has always made it seem like black people had it the worst and everyone else is just going through stuff black people already go through. Sometimes he's right, sometimes he isn't. But it's almost always funny.

• 2Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I have only seen half of this new one but honestly it hasn't hit for me. I also preferred the Cosby rapes but he saves one more then this so far.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have only seen half of this new one but honestly it hasn't hit for me. I also preferred the Cosby rapes but he saves one more then this so far.
you have to complete it to appreciate it

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Sticks and Stones was interesting in that it had me laughing harder that I have in awhile and then scowling right after at Chappelle's oppressive white man shit before making me laugh again. All in all it was a fun watch but I miss skinny Dave, he never seemed to wear a chip on his shoulder back then.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
It's not that it's bad, it's certainly not bad. It just didn't really hit for me either. His habit of "punchline, turn, walk in a circle" was starting to annoy me a bit. I know that's a nitpick, that's sort of the problem though. I shouldn't notice that.

HE GETS PAID FOR THE ATTEMPT!

Like I say. It's not bad, it's quite good. But I laughed twice. Once when the cell phone went off right in the silence before his delivery, and the way he reacted was great.

I think it was his second impression right at the start that set the wrong tone for the whole hour. I know what he means, but as he's saying it i'm thinking about his previous 2 specials and how he was talking about how rich he is... and yeah, uhh, duuuh... no they can't actually take everything away from you Chapelle. They didn't take everything away from CK either.

I dunno, Carlin could berate his audience and make it hillarious. I know what he meant, but it's not quite what he did. I think that is what it was. It just fucked the tone. Maybe should have closed with it. Now that WOULD be hillarious. 50 minutes of chuckles and then 10 minutes of a tongue lashing. lol.