Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ears docked but tail isn't
wut
pitbulls.jpg

Leamyena_sl

shitlord
Insurance | Free Online Insurance QuotesEvery time I see someone walking a pitt I assume they're a renter, or a really ignorant homeowner. When I moved in with my boyfriend, he had a pitt mix. He had issues with his insurance company, so we shopped around for a new one. To my surprise, most reputable companies absolutely would not issue a homeowners policy even owning a part pitt! the companies that would insure required an expensive rider. Rottweilers and Pit Bulls are the two dogs that attack most unprovoked, no matter how they are trained or socialized.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Huh, I always thought that dogs like poodles had a higher rate of unprovoked attacks/bites.

Study warfare, GO!

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I think the smaller dogs such as chihuahuas have a higher tendency of attacking unprovoked because of their Napoleonic complex.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Toy dogs are typically much more aggressive than big dogs, but they get away with it because they're weak as shit. Chihuahuas, Pomeranians, Papillons. Bunch of assholes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My mother's Daschund is the most aggressive dog I've ever met. I'm a dog lover and I wish it would be put down.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, the problem with pits is not that they are abnormally aggressive. It's that they are insanely strong; particularly in their head/jaw muscles. The times they do attack, they seriously fuck you up. That said, I've been around pits my entire life and have never been attacked and find them to be really awesome dogs. Unfortunately, they tend to attract some of the dumber humans and that lends to their bad rep.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, the problem with pits is not that they are abnormally aggressive. It's that they are insanely strong; particularly in their head/jaw muscles. The times they do attack, they seriously fuck you up. That said, I've been around pits my entire life and have never been attacked and find them to be really awesome dogs. Unfortunately, they tend to attract some of the dumber humans and that lends to their bad rep.
Unfortunately, the stats don't lie. And that's all insurance companies care about. If you look up deaths caused by dogs, pitbulls are way the fuck up there, along with a few other breeds that wouldn't surprise anyone (Husky, rotties, german sheps). Given how rare they are but how high up they rank in terms of deaths, it's pretty easy to make the case that huskies are far and away one of the most dangerous breeds.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Unfortunately, the stats don't lie.
Stats do routinely mislead people. For example, the stats on pitbulls is definitely skewed for normal people because they are bought for fighting or by people that want to appear tough because they have a pit. These types of dogs are of course going to lead to bites and rarely to death.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I agree that they can be misleading, but when one single breed is consistently responsible for 30-40% of all dog related fatalities, insurance companies are going to make note of that shit. Whether or not that's fair or right.

Fatal dog attacks in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreation...ogbreeds-a.pdf

I agree that pit bulls are given a bad rap. But I also think there's a pretty solid statistical reasoning behind that rap. Husky's on the other hand I don't think people appreciate how dangerous they are.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There are a pair of pit bulls up the road in a mixed race relationship rental property and I figure to avoid getting my face chewed off as I bike or walk by I'll take a gift basket over in the spring to meet everyone in a controlled environment.

I figure if the dogs get to know my chances of keeping my face will improve.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My mother's Daschund is the most aggressive dog I've ever met. I'm a dog lover and I wish it would be put down.
Yeah Dachshund is a race bred for hunting purposes (not herding or guarding shit); when was the last time it was trained / taken out for a hunt (badgers by the name of it).
Go figure they could end up aggressive beasts.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
For what it's worth, I am a home owner. We've lived here for 6 years now (well, as of next month). I tend to pay 40% extra every month of my mortgage into principal. In the 6 years I've lived here, I've paid something like 4 extra years worth of payments. Fuck the banks!

Anyway, we have never had an issue with our home owners insurance. My house and both of our vehicles are covered by Harleysville Insurance. They're in the middle of a pain in the ass car claim right now. I have a '13 Mercedes C300, and someone cut me off almost hitting me 2 days ago. I swerved to avoid the hit and nailed a curb in the process. (Yeah, I should have let the fucker hit me). It destroyed both the front and rear passenger tires, scraped both rims and did some other damage... It goes back to the Mercedes dealer tomorrow to get an official overview. But as it stands, some shit is fucked up.

I'll post pictures shortly.